Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Fun with Greyscale III

USS Gazelle Class Reservist Cruiser

One of those files sitting at on my drive for a long time, demanding some attention. I think I just did this one as a lark when making the SFB 'overhead engine' designs, and wanted to see what a 'cruiser' of that type looked like.... For the backstory, I had this ship constructed specifically as a reservist ship, usually handling more mundane duties within the Federation 'secure' areas.

Class F Shuttlecraft

No introduction needed...

Hmmm, that looks familiar. Where'd you find that one?

One nitpick, though. No door on the starboard bow- only on the portside. Although how Scotty got out in the Galileo Seven still needs to be explained.

Looks great though. You're doing good work.

Quote Originally Posted by selek
    One nitpick, though. No door on the starboard bow- only on the portside. Although how Scotty got out in the Galileo Seven still needs to be explained.
    No matter how many times I draw this thing, I ALWAYS make that mistake. I should know better by now..

Remember Paramount's Official Trek Writer's policy:

It is in repetition that we perfect our errors and make them canon.

You're doin' fine so far!

Type E Shuttlepod

TOS Style Shuttlepod.... not much else to say, really

Your type E looks like the issue of an illicit mating between the Type F and Herbie the Love Bug...which is to say, it anticipates the relationship between 24th-century shuttlepods and the full-size shuttlecraft very well.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    Type E Shuttlepod

TOS Style Shuttlepod.... not much else to say, really

Hmm... the nacelles look unbalanced. maybe an extra set of struts in front of the doors?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

SS Vign Long Diplomatic Transport

This ship was born out of one of my mistakes, a botched take on the Independance that was too small. So I ditched the main cargo hull and decided to make it a diplomatic transport of a similar type. This ships would more-than-likely be completely phased out and made into civilian starliners come the 2270s ... (with new 'civilian' engines replacing the PB-32S types)

Shuttlecarrier container pod. Again, not much of a story here.

Federation Mobile Base

Made from seven pods.. the six defense pods, and one 'core' pod which contains the main battery and central hub.

Last edited by TFVanguard; 12-17-2005 at 04:22 PM.

Oh, now that I like!
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

A very smart idea. I can easily imagine Starfleet using such stations as temporary "placeholder" starbases, or Federation colonial officials setting them up as impromptu support facilities.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

Okay, official dumb question. What are the names on the shuttle and the shuttlepod? And no, I don't mean "Enterprise"! That I can make out. The cursive names of the small craft themselves don't comeout clear enough for me to read them.

"Burma Shave"
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"