Thread: Superman trailer

Cool Superman trailer

A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

I still think he looks too skinny to be TMOS!

Cheers

Tas
    "Wherever you go....there you are!"

Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor, oh that should be a great moment in film.

And to agree with Poolshark, yeah - little on the slender side.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

I just can't express how thankful I am that Nicolas Cage isn't superman, as I had heard he was going to be. Seeing the fellow that is to play superman now makes it fall into a "maybe" category for going to see it.

A note of "wow, that's pretty neat", I noticed on IMDB that they're casting Marlon Brando as Jor-El. Actually, what they're doing, is using the old footage from the first Superman. That's kind of neat!

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?

Question

For Jor-El so loved the world, he gave them his only son?
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

Quote Originally Posted by Grimace
    A note of "wow, that's pretty neat", I noticed on IMDB that they're casting Marlon Brando as Jor-El. Actually, what they're doing, is using the old footage from the first Superman. That's kind of neat!
    Superman II, actually. A scene that were originally filmed with Brando were eventually re-filmed with the woman who played Lara for some reason (I used to know it, but have since forgotten). They're going to use the stock footage from the unused Brando scene for Jor-El in the new movie.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    I read somewhere that the reason Brando's scene was reshot with Lara counseling her son was due to a contract dispute (primarily the result of Brando's ego, really). Instead of paying him what he wanted, they cut him from the movie entirely and reworked the scene.

As for Routh being too thin, I don't recall Christopher Reeve being very large, either. Honestly, you'd have to bring in a professional body builder to get the muscle definition they give Superman in the comics.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I'm gonna look at the trailer in a minute, but on the 'thin clark' thing; You ever watch either the Superman animated series or one of the newer Justice League shows?
    In the Bruce Timm style, Supes is as broad as a barn! I don't think anyone would EVER think that Clark was a whimp if they ever noticed that he was built like a tank!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybrludite
    For Jor-El so loved the world, he gave them his only son?
    Yep. That line's right out of the first movie. Just before the first time we see Reeve in the Fortress of Solitude.
    Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

As for Routh being too thin, I don't recall Christopher Reeve being very large, either. Honestly, you'd have to bring in a professional body builder to get the muscle definition they give Superman in the comics.
    I agree that he shouldn't be a body builder....after all, CK is a bit of a meek guy, and that would be kind of difficult to envisage if he was an Arnie-a-like!
    However, Christopher Reeve went into the gym and beefed up to make him look like a Man Of Steel, when in the tights and underwear... I seem to remember him having to get up to about 215 or 225 lbs from a slim, gawky kind of guy.

Cheers

Tas
    "Wherever you go....there you are!"