Thread: Fan Trek Film Finnishes First

Fan Trek Film Finnishes First

Fan Trek Film Finnishes First
    A spoof of Star Trek has become Finland's most-viewed movie, relying on free distribution over the Internet to reach more than 3 million viewers in less than two months, the Reuters news service reported.
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...d=33350&type=0

Angry

I was about to dl it to grab a look....then I saw the trailer's opening. then i changed my mind
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Well, I'm not going to download it either, but for a different reason - too much pointless "violence", not much of a plot.
    The scene you obviously found offending actually gave me a laugh, because, the way I see it, it is such an obvious exageration, that I can clearly identify it as humorous, not political.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Looks interesting, the trailer looks indeed a bit full of violence but i'll give it a chance
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate

So does this film continue the long ongoing debate of which Sci-Fi universe has the most powerful starships?

Not really

I watched it yesterday evening, ok its a bit silly but it's really entertaining.
    And the CG is top notch which is why i watched it in the first place
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate

Well I really enjoyed it, and it was very well-made. As for the violence, it's cartoon violence, IMO. No worse than watching Tom and Jerry if you ask me.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

This is going to be political. So the truth comes out of what they think of American Culture and a slowly disolving unipolar international relations system (going back to a multipolar system, the historical average).

This isn't Star Trek, it's more like the Mirror Universe.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One