Thread: Enterprise (spoiler) On Entertainment Tonight

Angry Enterprise (spoiler) On Entertainment Tonight

Well well well..... I just finished watching Entertainment Tonight...about this so called show "Enterprise" like they can consider it startrek...geez...we've seen the pics , we've now seen A Quantum Leaper now being the capt of a starship what's next? Martha Stewert as cheif engineer of the SS Potroast?God what a crock!..how can these idots expect us to swallow this garbage?.... I mean It was all well and fine that TOS explained what happened "before the federation" they should have left it as just that..But no Berman and his other stooges gotta just run Startrek in the ground eh?..I hafta say is that I love Startrek, but surely they could have come up with somthing better than this. Not to mention that the ship they used for this show resembles a new ship ..... however was it not the SS Valiant the first explorer vessel?..I could be wrong.
    What about that starship engine on that ship...ummmm looks mighty close to the same engine the USS Defiant uses.... and what about the technology used on the bridge it looks like somthing from a newer episode of Trek ...and man it is awfully clean
    too!...hmmm I pictured the ship was gonna be like a submarine ..compact, with canned food everywhere untill they could replenish it again later remember there were no replicators at this time...Also I was kinda hoping that the ship would be like the ships we saw in the movie Wing Commander... you know where you see pipes and wires all over the place?..maybe the desighn of the ships would'nt be the same but come on... you cant tell me that this ship would be all nice and tidy. Lets face it startrek as we know it has gone down the toilet...look what we hafta look forward to... these are just my thoughts what are yours?...

------------------
    Korga =/\=

I'm Drunk of Borg Resistance is Floortile.

My thoughts? Although I missed the ET with the info, but going on what I have heard and seen lately my opinion...Star Trek is dead, long suffer Star Drek.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Arrow

Oh, gawd! Don't ever bring up Wing Commander.

I went to therapy trying to erase images of Freddie Prinze, Jr and that blonde psycho dude from my head.

I have yet to see tonight's ET (less than an hour away here) but the part of being like a submarine? I highly doubt it. I do believe it will be much cozier than Defiant's interior, and in some cases ceiling height will lower (Scotty would have a concussion from repeatedly banging against the bulkhead a la STV: The Final Frontier).

I'm going to be ... *gulp* ... open-minded about it. In the meantime, I'm still writing to my local TV station to finally get Andromeda on the air here in Hawaii.

------------------
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

[This message has been edited by REG (edited 07-10-2001).]

Dunno...saw a pic of the outside...looks like they kit-bashed off of an Akira.

They do still need to attract an audience, ya know. I do like the bridge's mix of trek and shuttle look. Hopefully there are no straight out flip-switches.

I missed the ET thing thanks to the combination of the group watching Armageddon here and them thinking that ET was an hour show. oh well. Doubt they'll put it online afterward either.

You just wait until the show starts and everyone starts hating on the lack of miniskirts.

I saw the ET episode and went mild.

This set looks like a prequel to the TOS movies rather than TOS.

This does not look like a pre-TOS set... they have touch buttons (keyboard like buttons)... but I wanted to see flip switches or at _least_ the switches used in TOS Movies.

I like the area that looks like the engine room...looks like a precursor to the TOS movie warp cores....but not the TOS ones.

I've got it! Remember the implication that Klingons were _always_ bumpy headed and weren't in TOS due to budget? Now we have clearly a set based on a prequel to the TOS movies.

Berman and company are implying that the TOS TV series was supposed to look like the TOS Movies but they couldn't do it because of budget. It works but it doesn't satisfy me all that much... in fact I am annoyed by the implication despite the fact that I once made that decision in an RPG...

When...will...the...hurting...stop

[This message has been edited by prophetsteve (edited 07-11-2001).]

Exclamation

Photos from the ET story posted here...

http://www.section31.com/stories/july-2001/070901_k.htm

Hugh

------------------
    "Sell your soul to the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society... ASK ME HOW!"