Thread: Next Generation Sourcebook Update

Next Generation Sourcebook Update

Hey, all, remember me?

It has been a long and strange road since I first announced I was working on the TNG netbook. And, unfortunately, multiple changes in the life of Uncle Mac have waylaid progress on the project to near-standstill levels.

As you all know, in addition to the RPG-writing thing, I also draw comic books and am commissioned by Silent Devil productions into illustrating a miniseries for them. That's taken much of my time in the past several weeks, so work on the TNG book's ground to a halt in the interim.

In any case, I'm announcing that I'm once again back on track with the book, and have developed a few timesavers to get certain portions of the book done on a much faster time scale. At present, I'm midway through Season 2 as far as mining the episodes for info. And a little technique I thought up (thank the Maker for Excel) will mean I'll be getting ALL the characters statted up very shortly.

Thanks for your patience, guys.
    chris "mac" mccarver
    world's angriest creative mind

Since there have been over 40 views and no reply I though that someone should say something:

Keep going, I'm sure it will be appreciated.

Maybe you could post a text-only preview, so that we could take a look and give you some feedback, if neccessary.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

What? You let your REAL LIFE interfere with gaming?! Clap 'im in irons boys!
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

It's a thankless task, but it's good your doing it. Keep up the good work!
    Ta Muchly

Well, crap.

Just buzzed past a thread on the Decipher boards where they've announced, among other releases, that the TNG sourcebook's one chapter from done and will be released in eBook format in '06.

EDIT: Okay, since this project's probably going into the null and void category, and since you guys all asked nice, I'm posting a couple excerpts from the book here. First up, supporting characters.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mac417; 12-03-2005 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Adding excerpts
    chris "mac" mccarver

Quote Originally Posted by Mac417

Well, crap.

Just buzzed past a thread on the Decipher boards where they've announced, among other releases, that the TNG sourcebook's one chapter from done and will be released in eBook format in '06.

Don't believe them! Don't trust them! Let them die!

I think it's still worth working on, Chris. I have a feeling you'll be putting in a lot more crunch per episode, whereas Decipher will have more fluff. They tend toward a lot of discussion of theme and style.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

I'm with Mazza and Sho-sa on this one, Mac. Keep on givin' 'er.

LQ
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

Appreciating the support, guys. Dont know if anyone caught it, but I edited my previous post with I have done of the Supporting Cast chapter. Lemme know whatcha think. Note that this is before fact-checking and proofreading.
    chris "mac" mccarver