Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: On Screen: Another TNG Movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky
    But, at least Trek is light years behind another francise in its 'all characters are CGI quest!
    Meh. It's not like we need Star Wars aliens in Trek. It would be a nice bonus, so long we don't have stiff dialogues and subpar performance to go along with them.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

My friends tell me the 'Geek is Chic' right now; great! I was geek before geek was cool.
    Look at it this way: we were ahead of the time.

Then again, I wouldn't mind being born in 1979 rather than 1969.

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Hmm Geek was never cool It's just remarketing and spin.. we like to do that too much this day and age.

As crappy and laughable as Trek aliens sometimes are.. at least they can be played by people and don't have to be cg animated, with a voice over!

Trek largelly makes high budget wierd aliens when it only has too, for plot reasons, not because it is trying to cover a hole in the LACK of plot "Quick distract them with a pointless wierd CG alien.. while I think up a plot"
    Ta Muchly

Abd B5 proved that you can have VERY alien looking aliens without a cgi fest as well.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

You mean B5, the show with virtual SETS??

And alot of the aliens were CGI (Shadows, Ancients, out of suit Vorlons).

But I get the point.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    Hmm Geek was never cool
    Yeah, only a mainstream would say that. We geeks and genre fans carry the label as a badge of honor.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

To add some fuel to the fire:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22021

I would not like such a crossover idea. The result would be that all characters have very few screentime or some are stressed while others occur only shortly. I think TNG needs a sendoff and afterwards they can do something with the other crews.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Quote Originally Posted by Evan van Eyk
    To add some fuel to the fire:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22021

I would not like such a crossover idea. The result would be that all characters have very few screentime or some are stressed while others occur only shortly. I think TNG needs a sendoff and afterwards they can do something with the other crews.
    So which is more important ... the story or actors' airtime?

I didn't complain when Star Trek VI didn't give more airtime for Sulu. I was so wrapped up in the well-written story by Nicholas Meyer and Leonard Nimoy.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Oh god no, will they please let Starfleet academy DIE, it was a bad idea then and now, just get over it and move on!

There's a difference between airtime in which a character actually gets to do things, and airtime in which a character is part of the background. Sulo got to do cool things in ST VI, and he even got his own ship! Half the TNG crew were little more than extras on Nemesis, and they pointedly cut out any scenes they were in!

And Reg.. Geek is geek - it is by definition anti-cool, they are mutually exclusive concepts get over it!
    Ta Muchly

Starfleet Academy was a great comic though.....

Seriously, a SFA show wouldnt be to bad; the OC in space, with green and blue hotties and tuff, missunderstood Klingon guys.

A mulit-crossover alternate reality movie? Ok, see my previous comments about appealing to the fans as opposed to making a movie.

And how do you get people from 3 diff time periods without seriously messing with continuity? And don't give me a 'no continuity in the MU!

And how do you get people from 3 diff time periods without seriously messing with continuity? And don't give me a 'no continuity in the MU!
    For one, use only Captain Sulu from TOS. The rest is either in retirement (Sorry, Leonard) or busy with their own Emmy award-winning TV show (after seeing Denny Crane in a pink flamingo costume, I can no longer look at Kirk the same way). Can't mess with continuity there as you get to focus on Sulu rather than the Trek Trinity.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Seriously, a SFA show wouldnt be to bad; the OC in space, with green and blue hotties and tuff, missunderstood Klingon guys.
    The last thing we need is to merge Melrose Space and Trek.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Use the Klingon in a post DS9 time period, may be 20 years after

The problem with an ensemble multi-show cast is exactly what is being pointed out here.. you can't have them all, and no one would agree on which one's ! Everyone's got their own favourites!

I'm sure a comic was good because guess what.. comic book characters can be any age, don't age BUT can also look exactly like our favourite stars as they were.. You can't put Kirk, Spock, McCoy on the screen without them being a) pensioners pretending to be teenagers (shivvers) or b) somebody else... and then the fanboy arguments start!
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    The problem with an ensemble multi-show cast is exactly what is being pointed out here.. you can't have them all, and no one would agree on which one's ! Everyone's got their own favourites!
    All I want is a good Trek story, not having to worry whether your favorite Trek character is not getting enough airtime, or not being cast in the first place. The franchise is on life support as it is. We can't be sweating all the details.

Select the characters we need for the story.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan