Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: On Screen: Another TNG Movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky
    My personal favorite fan complaint of Nemisis was one guy I heard complaining about the 'vampiric' quality of the Remulans...
    They're Remans. And as silly as their appearance -- though not the kind of reaction they're expecting -- their planet resides on the dark side of the system.

While they could have made the Remans better, I'd rather eliminate them from the STORY altogether, and just have Romulans vs. Romulans.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

There is enough modern day treatoury within the Romulan system to make a story work. And then throw in a couple Klingon groups trying to lay claim to territory while the Romulans are busy kicking themselves around . . . and you got a good story.

Or what of that one group from Starfleet Command Two . . . now that would be something. Federationish with an evangelic streak.

For what else can bring mortal enemies together other then a common enemy . . . or an in ability to continue hostilities?

Sorry I am starting to move into the background story of ST:O. Which I have alot to say about.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3
    There is enough modern day treatoury within the Romulan system to make a story work. And then throw in a couple Klingon groups trying to lay claim to territory while the Romulans are busy kicking themselves around . . . and you got a good story.
    Nah, throwing in a couple of Klingons (gee, I hope you do not mean the Duras family or what's left of them) would have been nothing more than gratuitous, kinda like the Klingons in the "Broken Bow" episode of Enterprise.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    Nah, throwing in a couple of Klingons (gee, I hope you do not mean the Duras family or what's left of them) would have been nothing more than gratuitous, kinda like the Klingons in the "Broken Bow" episode of Enterprise.
    Please don't remind me of such bad storyline.

Well . . . if done correctly . . . it could work. But not necessary. What powers would move in for the spoils of a civil war? Breen? Ferengi? Others?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

And who's to say that Tapestry era Picard wasn't wearing a 24 century hair piece back then. After the brush with death, he learned 2 valuable life lessons, the second of which was to not spend so much time preening and more time watching his back! lol

And another little news on this project:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/04012006/36...nterprise.html
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

[QUOTE=JALU3]
    Or what of that one group from Starfleet Command Two . . . now that would be something. Federationish with an evangelic streak. [QUOTE]

That would have been the Interstellar Concordium. Pretty much the Federation run by Militant Pacifists (be peaceful or else). A bunch of raving nutters. And close enough to the Federation to make a bunch of starfleeters uncomfortable.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Err, sorry to necropost, but how about this to aim for in a sendoff for the TNG cast?:

Main thing: The cast has moved on and moved up, but in this movie, they come back together to do something important for the Federation, but not something asinine like prevent Earth from being destroyed by a megalomaniac...

- Picard still commands the Enterprise E
    - Beverly Crusher has some major command (Head of Starfleet Medical?) and she's somehow "picked up" by the Enterprise for some important and plausible reason for the movie
    - Riker and the Titan can be this movie's Sulu and Excelsior (and Wesley and Troi with him) -- meaning a few scenes, but great importance
    - Geordi by this time should also have his own ship... Have him and the ship not take away the Enterprise and Titan's importance but still maintain his own importance (this will be hard...)
    - Worf gets picked up somehow, from whatever the hell he's doing... He just has to be important this time, and get picked up for plausible reasons
    - Chief O'Brien, Guinan, and Barcley should make notable cameos (Maybe speaking a few lines during the climax)
    - Some of the Voyager cast should make a minor cameo (Maybe in a crowd scene at a celebration in the end of the film or something)
    - I don't know what to do with retard-Data

Or, you can change it around a bit

- Picard is the thread that holds the cast together, and he's an Admiral with a deskbound job. The story involves him mustering up the cast for a final mission that isn't asinine, as with above
    - Riker is in command of the Titan with Troi and Wesley under him
    - GEORDI is in command of the Enterprise-E, and he has Admirals Picard and Crusher come on his ship (but not usurp his command)
    - Worf is the same as above... Avoid making him superfluous...
    - Cameos stay the same as above.

This is too much to hope for
    Whatchu talkin 'bout Willis?