Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: On Screen: Another TNG Movie?

On Screen: Another TNG Movie?

Just found that article about a possible new TNG movie:

http://www.sfx.co.uk/news/patrick_stewart_to_trek_again

I would love to see another movie with the TNG cast, if only to give them a memorable farewell. I always very much liked ST VI and how it dealt with the original cast and hope they might do something like that with Picard's crew - this time, please, take a director who has at least seen a Star Trek episode before and does not cut scenes from a movie which are essential to the story, according to himself
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

I dunno if I care really. The TNG crew is not aging well....and I don't mean the actors.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

I would love one if for no other reason than Nemesis was not their finest hour: They need a better movie to end the series on!

I think it's also telling that Stewart, who's said on several occasions he's sick to death of TNG would actually resurect his role to make a better movie than Nemesis! Kind of tells you what he thought of it
    Ta Muchly

Well, I'd go see it because it's a Trek movie. But I'd really prefer the TNG crew to stay out in the pasture. I'd rather see a post-war DS9 film or maybe a Riker on the Titan film, if not on the big screen, then maybe a movie-of-the-week type thing. Doubt that'll happen though.

LQ
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

I think another NG film would be nice. I agree that a STVI style 'goodbye' would be best, since we have yet to have any kind of 'formal' send off of the NG crew: "All Good Things" was great, but was basicly a Picard episode, with some future sneak peaks in for good measure; and "Nemisis".....well I think that one speaks for itself.

So, the question is, what would the new movie be about? Come on, you armchair producers....get out there and make a movie!

I'd love for this to happen. Didn't think too highly of ST-"Nemesis".
    "Nemesis" wasn't a good closure to a great series in my eyes though it has had some interesting moments and included the Romulans for real in a movie for the first time, what I personally liked.

I think that they probably shouldn't do another heavy-on action movie like "Nemesis" or "First Contact" just to attract some more people to the cinema.

I mean it's called Star -Trek- not -War- anyway

Don't get me wrong, I liked FC and it was a "neccesary" movie in the series, but I think we have seen enough war stories in DS9 and "Nemesis" lately and should go back to something more classic, more "Trekish" kind of thing.

Like a moral dilemma, a galaxy threatening mystery and/or time travel.
    (OK, probably not time travel "again" )
    They might even bring in Q again or something.

Most of all I'd like to see some sort of accaptable (open) ending but not something that results in a downright massacre of the TNG crew to close that series for ever. Then things better should stay the way they are right now.

BTW: What are the latest rumors about the other actors interests in another movie?
    I seem to remember that Spiner and Stewart had another idea how to pick up after "Nemesis" and continue the story.

And would they get all the people on board once again?
    Last edited by Cut; 12-03-2005 at 04:14 PM.

Bryan Singer recently said he was interested in helming a Trek film. If it was him directing this, I'd be interested.
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you've read it in the original Klingon text."
    - Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Quote Originally Posted by Cut
    BTW: What are the latest rumors about the other actors interests in another movie?
    I seem to remember that Spiner and Stewart had another idea how to pick up after "Nemesis" and continue the story.
    I hope not. I pray it's not. I don't want to hear more about the Remans. I wish I was a douwd and wish the Reman out of existence.

Depends. How far we can throw Berman overboard?
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

They might even bring in Q again or something.

Troi and Riker would lvoe to do another movie they said and the latest about Geordi was that he still very much likes Trek, so I guess he would join in as well. Don't know about Worf of Crusher though.

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    Depends. How far we can throw Berman overboard?
    Well, I'd say its nothing a phaser set on disintegration can't handle
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    I hope not. I pray it's not. I don't want to hear more about the Remans. I wish I was a douwd and wish the Reman out of existence.
    REG you misunderstood me here. What I meant wasn't neccesarily a continuing of the "Nemesis" story ark but a new adventure set in the series as a whole.

Talking

REG you misunderstood me here.
    Or perhaps you mean to say one thing but instead compose a different context.

What I meant wasn't neccesarily a continuing of the "Nemesis" story ark but a new adventure set in the series as a whole.
    So, what you should have posted was "a whole new TNG story," not "pick up after Nemesis and continue the story."
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Well if I could wish for a Trek movie, it would be a movie that doesn't follow the usual scheme "Great big villain wants to destroy Earth/an innocent planet/the Enterprise/the Galaxy but is thankfully destroyed in the end" that almost every Trek movie followed so far.
    Come on, Trek wasn't always about angry aliens wanting to destroy something until the Enterprise crew manages to destroy them instead. So, any scenario unlike that would be welcome.

Yes, I know I'm dreaming.

Anyway, I'd love a movie that would not be entirely TNG. Not necessarily a cross over with the whole crew of every other series, but having a few members of other casts (and not like Janeway's cameo in Nemesis) would be nice.

I wouldn't mind either picking up where Nemesis left - maybe with an alliance with Romulus as a background (uh - unless it becomes "Star Trek VI with Romulans instead of Klingons"), a possible cameo from Spock, a Section 31 subplot somewhere...

Oh well. I guess it will probably turn out being "the whole TNG cast is again reunited without any explanation whatsoever and has to fight an evil something that wants to destroy some stuff" again
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

It had to be said that the ending of the last film makes it somewhat awkward to bring them back together realistically! Worf was not too problematic.. but Riker and Troi.. a new team on a new starship.. still it could be interesting to have a sort of 'Sulu flies in to the rescue' motif, with Riker

I don't honestly believe that anyone other than Patrick stuart has the gravitas to pull of a movie, as captain. I am not sure I would be able to watch a DS9, Voyager or Enterprise Movie without the cringomiter needle going through the roof
    Ta Muchly

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    I am not sure I would be able to watch a DS9, Voyager or Enterprise Movie without the cringomiter needle going through the roof
    I'd rather have an Enterprise movie than a TNG movie, if only to give that crew a more proper sendoff (and repair the damage done by the apocryphal garbage Berman imposed on them in "These are the Voyages...").

But, the crew is even more fractured than in STII or VI. Data is dead, and B4 is having problems assimilating his memories. It leaves the possibility open that B4 can "replace" Data, but it also allows Brent Spiner to opt out of the movie without real character difficulties. The Rikers are on the Titan (and, as someone else mentioned, could come "to the rescue"...or, the Enterprise could come to their rescue as a plot device to bring the two crews together for the main plot). Geordi, Beverly and Jean-Luc are really the only members of the original who remain on the Enterprise (Worf's last startrek.com entry mentions only that he is the Starfleet Ambassador to Qo'noS, and Nemesis didn't really contradict that, IIRC).

So, it would be more difficult to bring the cast together in this case, unless you have the Enterprise, the Titan, and whatever Klingon ship Worf can "borrow." Another option is to have it take place in Klingon space, so the ambassador can be involved with less plot manipulation.

Anyway, I'm rambling at this point...
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Didn't Beverly head back to her TNG Season 2 posting at Starfleet Medical at the end of Nemesis?

And shouldn't Geordi be moving on up the command ranks soon, so that he can become captain like he was shown to be in "Timeless?"
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you've read it in the original Klingon text."
    - Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country