Kieran posted this open message to the RPG discussion forums on Decipher's site. Since I know that not all of you go to those forums, I thought I'd post it here so that you can all see it and respond as you see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran Yanner at Decipher
I just want to thank you all for your patience and for not skinning me a live lol

Scott and I are trying hard to get things restarted with these lines. I'm hopeful the new year will bring some more activity and interest in the games. I'm trying to balance getting out new material with bringing in revenue for Decipher, so thats why older books will be interspersed through the new releases. The PDF sales are looking good and I've noticed a few new faces on various boards. I don't want either line to feel neglected. Paths of the Wise is selling better than Worlds, Mirror Universe is selling better than Isengard. Both properties are strong and have a huge following.

I've developed the Lord of the Rings site first just as a template to base the Star Trek site from - so don't worry, once things are fleshed out with LotR, Star Trek will be a smooth ride.

I know receiving your new product through electronic format isn't what everyone would like. I would like to rectify that in the future, but I need to proove that its worth-while to print. PDF sales are an indicator for that, so keep up the interest! Encourage your player's to buy their own books. Instead of sharing one core book (we had one Player's Guide for our group of 6 back in Australia). Although people would rather buy essential products, buying other releases helps support the line so it can continue. They wont be filled with filler and misc information, adventures and other assortments will be kept to free downloads on the sites. They are a good read and informative and helps expand your knoweldge of the gaming universe. They can also build ideas for campaigns and adventures. And its also better than us resorting to 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 edition to sustain revenue for the lines. lol

Do you have ideas to share on how to help build interest or new ideas for the lines? These can could be implemented in new product or new material to be released on the site. You can post here or email me at kieran@kieranyanner.com or kieran.yanner@decipher.com (i only get the decipher mail 8 - 6, monday to friday). I want the community to feel they are involved and that they are being listened to - but please no distructive critisism, be constructive.

-K