Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New ENTERPRISE Rumour (Spoiler Warning)

The more I hear about this show, the more I think it has a cowards chance in Greth'or of being a good series.

But if the Hulk Hogan is true...(runs for the toilet to be violently ill.)

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Thumbs up

Rumor has it that the next issue of TV Guide, on sale July 9, 2001, will have a picture of the 'Enterprise' and much more stuff on the new series and Star Trek in general. As some of you may recall I quoted TV Guide about seven months ago saying that the new series would be a prequil. TV Guide magazine in the US is very reputable. I also heard that Zephram Cochrane will have a small role in the first episode. He may be played by the same actor as in First Contact. I heard that the date is set as 2151.

Cool

Remember, Phantom, lift up the cover. It's hard to aim when the cover is down.

As for Hulk Hogan... he should play Cochrane. BWAH-HA-HA-HA!!!

* to Cochrane of Sacramento*

------------------
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

heh heh heh heh

------------------
    Games. The Final Product. These are the books of the Star Trek RPG. Their five year license. To explore strange new roles. To breathe new life into get togethers. To boldly play what no fan has played before!

Okay, once again I refer you to the above Item I posted Straight from StarTrek.com "The Official Website" their is no, I repeat No Hulk Hogan in this, unless he is a bit part, and I do mean Bit.

Thumbs down

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Am I the only who thinks this series might actually be fun?

You know, away from the silly stand-alones.
    Some attitude... rough around the edges... and so on..

Styro, no offense, but you're whining about something which you haven't even seen in context.. and NO, you cannot tell how it might be based on what you've read.

There's no way anyone will be able to judge this series before we've seen at least 6 or 7 episodes. It's the pilot fer chrissakes!

I have yet to see a pilot of any series which nailed the concept and was not improved on in later episodes.

Joe
    "Philosophical insight of the day: QUIT YER BITCHIN'!"

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Yes, but when all you hear about a series is negative, and if I might add SILLY, then there isn't much light at the end of the tunnel. Especially when it comes to this series. If I'm looking for fun I'll watch Buffy or Angel, when it comes to Trek I like serious sci-fi, and when they trow 30 odd years of history out the airlock then that just honks me right off. Sorry, I truly think this will suck. But if I am wrong then I will admit it, I think I'm safe.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Things definitely don't look very promising. We might all be surprised, but the signs are just not so good.

I suppose I will have to watch a couple of episodes, just to see if it really is as awful as it seems.

The truth is, it would be good to be wrong, and for it to turn out really well. And, I will refer you to my earlier post on definitions of "good". It might still be a decent TV show while making final hash of Star Trek.

If so, I reserve the right to ignore it, just as ignore all the other Star Drek out there.........

------------------
    Slan agat!

Cool

Acording to TV Guide, The July 9th edition will have pictures of the new ship!

------------------
    All these worlds are yours, except Europa, which is a wholy owned subsidary of weownthattoo, Inc. (TM)

Talking

I have to say this is funny, there has been no real info on the new series at all other than the casting and a little bit about the characters and already many are chanting how terrible the series will be. Talk about prejudging something. This series has the SAME potential for success or failure at this point as the other three Star Trek spin-offs had at this point in their development. (maybe TNG had a slight leg up since people at the time were begging for more Star Trek back then). I will say that this is like dejavu though. I do remember all these types of predictions of "Gloom and Doom" existing to one extent or the other for ALL the other three spin-offs before they premiered.

TNG -
    Some people thought it would be terrible and doomed to failure because the Original crew wouldn't be in it and lightning just couldn't strike twice.

Ans: False

DS9 -
    There would be no way to make a show about exploration such as Star Trek work on a stationary space station. Obviously you can't boldly go where no one has gone before. It will be limited to only a very few alien races showing up. This is obviously doomed to failure.

Ans: False

VOY-
    What? No Federation near by! We'll never get to see our favorite Aliens like the Klingons or Romulans in it! This isn't really Star Trek. Its doomed to failure for sure!!!

Ans: ......err...hmm....Oh OK. False (no matter how I personally would say "True". But not for the reasons stated above)

Now

ENTERPRISE-
    Look at the mess they're making of this. For goodness sake its in the 22nd century! How can you do Sci Fi in that era. No Federation! Oh come on. We'll only get to see a few of the aliens we know and like. This may screw up what fandom perceives as 'canon' history of the Star Trek universe. What blasphemy. They'll have to create cheesy sets for it too. This will OBVIOUSLY fail.

Ans: Yet to come
    It may be true, but it has even more potential to be false. We just won't know until it runs for about half a season. Then and only then will we have an idea to the answer to that. I may like it, I may hate it. But for now I'll look forward to it.

As I have said in many of the above posts the continuity issue is a small part of my argument. The main part being I do not believe that they have allowed enough time for the creative process to work properly. It seems to me that it was finally decided to end Voyager at the end of last season or the beginning of this one, and then they came up with the idea for Enterprise just to keep the franchise rolling and the money coming in. I feel that if they had given themselves a year or so to come up with good stories, good effects designs, etc. the show would be a hit, but with the slap-dash way they have gone about the production of the show it probably won't be all that good. INMHO of course. I don't hope it will fail, I hope the opposite happens the show has a lot of potential, but then so did Voyager and we all know how the current production staff at Paramount blew that away.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

I have seen the images of the new ship, and let me tell you one thing: it doesn't just look similar to an Akira-class starship, it is almost identical, except for the old-style warp nacelles.

AslanC Guest

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KlingonZ:
    Chuck out http://section31.com they have a link to a German site that still has part of the TV Guide article that will be out tomarrow and the ship. Akira all over again, or before. They could have been more original. My question is if they, Earth, was using this design way back why did they deviate and go the 1701 design only to return to this design 200 years later? I still think it will be a very good series. Qapla'</font>

Thanks for the heads-up. So it looks like the rumours were ture...that's cool, I kinda like this design anyhow

------------------
    Aslan Collas
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    RPG_Trek; http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rpg-trek
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.