Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New ENTERPRISE Rumour (Spoiler Warning)

Post New ENTERPRISE Rumour (Spoiler Warning)

According to Aint it Cool News it's rumoured that James Cromwell will be making a cameo appearance in the Enterprise Pilot as Zephram Cochran.

Could be interesting.

PS: Don't flame me (whatever that means) if it isn't true. I didn't make this up, I just report what I see.

Why'd they decide to use Cromwell? They should use me!

------------------
    Games. The Final Product. These are the books of the Star Trek RPG. Their five year license. To breathe new life into get togethers. To boldly play what no fan has played before!

Arrow

Alright, I'll be the annoying devil's advocate (yeah, like that is a stretch for me)...

What's so great about you, Cochrane?

------------------
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

[This message has been edited by REG (edited 06-25-2001).]

Smile

Well, for one thing, I'm Cochrane. Duh.

------------------
    Games. The Final Product. These are the books of the Star Trek RPG. Their five year license. To breathe new life into get togethers. To boldly play what no fan has played before!

Talking

Well, using a THIRD seperate person to portray the same individual is probably pushing things...

So Cochrane, you want to prove all those people who are knocking continuity correct before the show begins filming.

OK, Cochrne, impress us. What are your acting credits. We all know James Cromwells movie appearances.

Space Cowboys, Babe, Star Trek; First Contact, Deep Impact to name a few recent memorable appearances.

Where can we see your work?

------------------
    Dan.

Spock; "That unit, is a woman."
    Nomad; "A mass of conflicting Impulses."
    http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk

Okay this is what I don't like about Cochran being in it!

c. 2063 april 4th

Cochrane looks ? We'll be generous and say 30.

Okay new series in suposedly in the 2150's.

Thats like 120 yrs old; and thats being generous.

All I can say is that on his second warp flight he reached alpha centauri and met the Companion.

------------------
    SIRSIG
    AKA: SirPostalot
    AKA: The MapMaker
    AKA: The Trek Cartographer
    AKA:...Well I could keep going forever

Unhappy

You don't like Cochrane being in Enterprise?

I just checked out the latest spoiler on the 2-hour pilot episode. They got a Klingon in a shuttle crash-landed on Earth.

Ain't THAT confusing, even for a fan of All Things Klingon.

P.S. Why don't they use an Andorian?

[Kirk's Voice] I ... must slap ... Braga ... upside ... his head.

------------------
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SIR SIG:

All I can say is that on his second warp flight he reached alpha centauri and met the Companion.

</font>
    Just judging by the fact the show is called Enterprise, and it so far has claimed to be a Starfleet ship. I don't think the continuity of a little thing like Cochrane meeting the companion at a certain time is going to be observed. Since after all if the D is the fifth ship to bear the name and the USS Enterprise (Constitution Class) wasn't launched until the 2200s (I'm not 100% of this), which would mean that previous cannon material is not a concern to them, since this would be an extra Enterprise.

You could get around that wrinkle by the simple expedient of the actual wording of the "fifth ship" statement. They said it was "the fifth starship to bear the name" (emphasis mine). They can just claim that this Enteprise is not classified as a starship...

------------------
    Doug Burke

McCoy: "You're taking me to the promised land?"
    Kirk: "That's what you get for missing staff meetings, Doctor."

I've come to think Enterprise will be set closer to 2100, and that the Enterprise is the very first manned Earth ship to leave the Sol system.

------------------

Wink

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Doug Burke:
    You could get around that wrinkle by the simple expedient of the actual wording of the "fifth ship" statement. They said it was "the fifth starship to bear the name" (emphasis mine). They can just claim that this Enteprise is not classified as a starship...

</font>
    It certainly isn't classified as a Federation starship.

Smile

Hey, I don't need to be an actor. I'm the real thing. As real as it gets, anyway.

------------------

I thought that the first ships being classified as STARships were the Constitution-class. Before they were classified as SPACEships (IMO)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lone wolf:

PS: Don't flame me (whatever that means) if it isn't true. I didn't make this up, I just report what I see.
    </font>
    FYI, below I will provide an example of a "flame". I will choose to make it about this not being true, just for example.

Why you jerk! This wasn't remotely true. You did that on purpose, you ****ing jerk!
    I should have known this wouldn't be true, since you are a known liar who molests Bolians in his spare time. Why don't you go fry a muskrat with the rest of your ignorant (insert bad behavior) friends.

The above flame was edited for profanity. Proper flames contain many swears, direct insults, and ethnic generalizations. Using the word "nazi" liberally helps.
    I hope this has been informative.

------------------
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.

I Read some where that the "Archer" Enterprise will be the 1st human ship to travel at Warp 5. Does anyone know (Probably wishful thinking considering Bermans Continuity) if this will Old Scale? (It better be)

Karg