Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with Greyscale IV

Ok the Oberth has some support, good.

On the Federation Battlestation, when is the baby's due date...sorry it does look funky from the side
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Ok the Oberth has some support, good.

On the Federation Battlestation, when is the baby's due date...sorry it does look funky from the side
    *Imagines wailing ship-child emerging from the hull of a space station...*
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Apparently, SFB has a new .. less 'preggers' version based more on the 'new' model of K-7 than a bad memory of it. I haven't seen it yet, though.

USS Diana Class Scout

Today I'm mostly trying to 'repair and replace' the ships missing from my first guide - due to losing a lot of files when my computer crashed at the tail end of last fall. So, today's ship isn't much.. just the 'scout' version of yesterday's destroyer.

USS Taurus Class Cruiser

Yes... again...

Finally figured out that Steve Long was going for the TNG New Orleans class in his description, but he did it so badly it didn't make a lot of sense. To make THAT work, though, I had to ditch the rest of his measurements (worse than FASA, mind you), and redo the ship from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    USS Taurus Class Cruiser
    Interesting...

I think i should point out the engineering hull is longer in the side view.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by C. Huth
    Interesting...

I think i should point out the engineering hull is longer in the side view.
    And looks a little taller from the side also.
    Phoenix...

but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

Even the best have "FASA moments," I guess.

Yeah, on the side view, the bridge is nearly level with the tops of the nacelles. On the front view, it's well below.

Still, that's a lot prettier than the last version.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two
    Even the best have "FASA moments," I guess.

Yeah, on the side view, the bridge is nearly level with the tops of the nacelles. On the front view, it's well below.

Still, that's a lot prettier than the last version.
    Well, look at it this way, you guys are my editors.

I was focused on redoing the lines overall so much, I must have mismatched a few. I'll get it fixed and reposted today.

I don't normally do this, but, sometimes it pays to show what I was working with, to give you and idea of where I tend to go... This is the Federation Science Station, F-39, from FASA's "The Vanished".

FASA's original

My redraw...

Cool, have you seen Owen's version of the Federation Science Station?
    Phoenix...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Cool, have you seen Owen's version of the Federation Science Station?
    The F-39, or a Regula One version? Either way.. nope. :S

USS Cochise Class Torpedo Destroyer

Still going through my mess. I'm hoping to be able to get quick 'redo' of my Vol 1 today. (My computer crash last fall lost the original source files, hence all my rebuilding now). So I needed to get this ship, the TOS Miranda, and the MacKinzie all done... while learning the idiosyncracies of Paint Shop Pro 10.02 ... heh.

Anyway, this ship is basically yet another 'Saladin' variant, using two engines instead of one, flanking the 'torpedo pod' down below. The TMP version is better, since it doesn't have the deflector dish slightly blocking the way... Again, not my design. :S

USS MacKenzie Class Frigate

One of FASA's 'rare' ships (from Stardate), this is a 'bulldog' ship, heavily powered and well armed, but lacking nearly all the niceties for the crew. Smaller-sized saucer used to correct scaling issues.

Last one before rebuilding the text of the guide.. USS Miranda, TOS Style

Not entirely happy with it, as the Miranda requires some TMP parts to make sense and look right, but, eh, what the hell, the TOS universe has a shortage of frigates anyway.