Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with Greyscale IV

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    SS Mo'Kal Class Transport

Yeah, this one sucks. Usual FASA problems, along with some bizzare backstory where this is supposed to be one of the Federation's FIRST Transports? In fact, these are out of service before the Enterprise launches in 2271! Why is this a problem? Look at the image and you'll figure it out... oy...
    Then why not add the appropriate pylons and nacelles to the design, it's not like you haven't redrawn worse TFVanguard. And as always, your work is exceptional.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Then why not add the appropriate pylons and nacelles to the design, it's not like you haven't redrawn worse TFVanguard. And as always, your work is exceptional.
    Eh, here I figured to just ditch the backstory anyway. (And, I read it AFTER I had gotten the scale and everything I wanted all started up.. :P I got lazy, dammit!)

The backstory also stated, explicitly, that this was one of the Federation's first transports. Sorry, but there's no reconsiling that one, even limiting it to just within FASA.

Not my design, and I sadly forgot the name of the person who did this one.. but it's been sitting in my 'develop' box for a long time, and I finally got the chance to knock it out today.

Kearsarge Class Light Cruiser

The SFB light cruiser, though I have a very hard time calling this a 'cruiser' of any sort - as it's got a small hull and no secondary hull to speak off. It's too tiny! Oh well, it IS armed like one, I guess...

He's back! Yay!

Yeah that last one's more like a frigate, isn't it?
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Caracal Class Cruiser

I'll start with a caveat, I've never been a fan of this ship. This is one of Todd Guenther's designs, and I'm not really sure what he was thinking with it. It's got kinda-sorta Federation warp engines, very comparable to the Connies, but then he places the ship 50 years earlier (which doesn't keep with his other sources).

The ship doesn't fit in any 'canon' or 'official' timeline out there, by any stretch of the imagination, as a pure Starfleet vessel. For FASA, I'm thinking of making these impounded-the-converted Axanar-rebellion ships (freighter, general purpose), made into Starfleet cruisers in a hurry to cover what losses there were in that rebellion. Maybe...

the idea freighter leaps out to my mind . small crew for maybe ever a non starfleet vessel but still a fed ship .

USS Belmont Class Cruiser

Nothing special, just one of the better 'fan designs' out there.

Wow you are really piling on through those things! That one is rather nice and sweet, fairly small, with a small engineering section, but then in TOS that's not much of a hindrance
    Ta Muchly

I like it too. Light cruiser, perhaps with a shorter range, but better range and stability than the one nacelle jobs.

Alex

USS Excelsior Class Heavy Cruiser

A little trickier than I thought, largely due to the number of lines on the saucer, and the fact that there aren't many detail lines on the secondary hull for the eye to follow.

For size, for once, I followed FASA's saucer width, since those were - at one time - the official numbers Paramount gave them.

WHEW!

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    USS Excelsior Class Heavy Cruiser
    Very nice!!
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

You've really reminded me how cool the excelsior looks... thinking of doing any of the excelsior prototypes seen onscreen?
    Last edited by The Tatterdemalion King; 02-15-2006 at 02:48 AM.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Sweet. The Excelsior's one of my faves.

Nice one.

Alex

That is a big (and beautiful) ship. One question, side view there's a gap on the bottom of the image - what is it?
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"