Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Fun with Greyscale IV

A Small Blue World at the end of one of the Spiral Arms of the Milky Way Galaxy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    I'm going to get another guide together this weekend, which will have a lot of the 'missing' TOS ships. (My server on pixelsagas is rigged to delete posts more than 90 days old... )
    Thanks TFVanguard, looking forward to it
    Sundowner

"Sure, it will probably explode. But at least I won't be in it, on it, or near it."

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    I'm going to get another guide together this weekend, which will have a lot of the 'missing' TOS ships. (My server on pixelsagas is rigged to delete posts more than 90 days old... )

*starts warming up printer*

Man, ever since I moved, this damn thing takes forever to print anything.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

SS Chameleon Type Courier/Light Cargo Ship (Civilian)

One of FASA's 'lost' designs from the first edition of the RPG. This was supposedly a ship that Cyrano Jones stole, which would be strikingly out of character for him...

Drawn to shuttlecraft scale, with only a few minor tweaks on the two 'official' views. Basically replaced the 'canopy' with a shuttlecraft body, just to give it better base lines.

USS Halsey Class Destroyer

By fan request... erm.. forgot exactly who it was now. Obviously heavily Andor influenced, with the rolled in engines and the 'pontoons' on the outsides.

A Small Blue World at the end of one of the Spiral Arms of the Milky Way Galaxy.
    These are great TFV, i've browsed the pics that are on the posts here, have you ever done anything with the ROM or Klingon suppliments? I'd love to see your take on the V-7 Whitewind or the S-4 Swift Wing from the ROM.

Also, slipping back to the mobile drydocks, i was looking through the Klingon book again, the repair dock in there looks much neater than the fed one, plus, it's transit mode definitly looks like it has a more stable warp geometry, a centralised nacelle, would love to see hat you do with that one as well

Cheers again.
    Sundowner

"Sure, it will probably explode. But at least I won't be in it, on it, or near it."

Gorn Frigate (SFB)

Fit of originality! Basically, this is a mod of the Gorn Destroyer, adding the 'oblong' hull piece (from some of the minis), and modifying the wings and tail slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowner
    Cheers again.
    The Romulan one is going to be next, and I'll likely hammer out a lot of the TOS ships first, and try to 'normalize' things a bit with them (similar engines, etc) before moving to the Klingon-borne designs.

Not a lot of the FASA Feddie SRM left to go.. and, gotta admit, I'm not too enthused about a lot of the remaining ones (see Scorpio above)... so a change of pace will be nice.

Can't be much left to the Fed SRM... the cutters, the warpshuttles, and that weird spherical monitor? Uglypalooza!
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two
    Can't be much left to the Fed SRM... the cutters, the warpshuttles, and that weird spherical monitor? Uglypalooza!
    Hey, I've always liked that weird spherical monitor.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Hey, I've always liked that weird spherical monitor.
    Agreed, i've always liked it too, and it is the most logical design for a system defence monitor. Think of a TNG+ variant with phaser strips all around and multiple quantum torp launchers.

50 of them in orbit would be enough to give any invader a bad day
    Sundowner

Ah you mean something like this (Sorry TFV, I've had this for about 10 years now)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Okay, yeah, actuallky that kind of makes sense.

The other ones are still problematic.

Even though I did start my crew out on a Solar-Class Cutter.

About the Scorpio... I'd always thought (especially from the pics on the 2nd Ed. SRM) that the warp and/or impulse engines were internal in the ship's butt.

USS Leonidas Class Destroyer

An old request sitting on my hard drive, and, sadly, I forget who did this one. If anything, this is a take on a misconception of the Monoceros class, made into a destroyer.. but I dunno.

Basically, this is the Saladin with the warp engine above it instead of below. Can't really see any benefit of the change other than design asthetic, perhaps done later to replace a couple of lost Saladins or something... Same armament, etc...

"We were gonna build more Dreadnoughts, but then the budget ran dry, leaving us with a dozen half-built primary hulls with one warp engine already in place... viola!"

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two
    "We were gonna build more Dreadnoughts, but then the budget ran dry, leaving us with a dozen half-built primary hulls with one warp engine already in place... viola!"
    You know, now that you said that... I wonder if that's not just a crib from the Federation class to begin with. Would make sense, considering...