Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Fun with Greyscale IV

USS Dixmude Class "Jeep" Carrier

From the Starship Modeller kit, a basic variation on the Polar Lights model, with a larger secondary hull (to accomodate shuttles, presumably), and a 'box' on the impulse drive... I'm guessing as fusion fuel reserves? I dunno...

USS Detroyat Class Heavy Destroyer

One of the 'classic' fan-designs out there. This version is based on the Polar Lights modification kit from Starship Modeller. And, yes, it's another one that's been sitting on my hard drive for far, far too long.

Sparrowhawk Type Battlecrusier

Gods, the SFB miniature for this is silly looking (my wife actually laughed at it). I decided to attempt to 'mate' the design with the TOS Bird of Prey and start going from there. Not really happy with it, and it will likely get a redraw before I knock it into a compilation.

A Small Blue World at the end of one of the Spiral Arms of the Milky Way Galaxy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard

Gods, the SFB miniature for this is silly looking (my wife actually laughed at it). I decided to attempt to 'mate' the design with the TOS Bird of Prey and start going from there. Not really happy with it, and it will likely get a redraw before I knock it into a compilation.

Yea Gods,

No offence TFV, but that's ugly...

Reminds me of the old things they used to fly around on coathangers on the antique Flash Gordon series.
    Sundowner

"Sure, it will probably explode. But at least I won't be in it, on it, or near it."

USS Washington Class Heavy Carrier

This is just a retouch, fixing a really stupid error, and also standardizing the shuttlebays a bit more with the other ships of the era.

USS Sussex Class Carrier

Just a retouch, standardizing a few pieces and cleaning up some lines.

I kinda like it, actually. The top view still has the look of the sparrowhawk, and the side view looks like a good amalgam of old and new. The only problem I see with it is that it looks more than a little flat from the front view. Something there needs to be changed, I just couldn't tell you what.

Otherwise, I think it's one of the better versions of the sparrowhawk. Personally, I've never cared for the design from SFB either. I felt that not only did it look funny, but it was such a vast departure from previous ship design as to make it non-Romulan. Sadly I haven't seen too many people attempt to make it better while still keeping the general "feel" of the ship. I think you did well in your attempt, TFVanguard.

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard

USS States Class Patrol Cruiser

Fan request. If this were 'real' in the Trek Universe, it would likely be a mass-produced defense ship for the Federation in the TNG era... a slightly more sensible solution than the DS9 kit-bashes.

I think I like it, too.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Is anyone else not seeing the images?

Yes, they have dissapeared for me too, must be a server problem?!
    Ta Muchly

I'm not even seeing the image in Aslan's signature.

Alex

Sorries! I'm moving everything around while I get a new gallery set up for my web-page. Shouldn't be any later than the end of the week, and everything will be up again. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blake
    I'm not even seeing the image in Aslan's signature.

Alex
    Yeah that is cause I suspended my account with my webhosting for a bit due to cost overruns

Should be back by the end of the week too

TFVan, looking foward to seeing the ships I still haven't seen

So these images ever coming back?