Thread: BSG - Ressurection Ship

BSG - Ressurection Ship

Well, I have not seen it, but how was the new part of season two? Did it match the expectations, was it a good conclusion of the story? Better or worse than part I?
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Well it was very good imo but there was no conclusion. We'll have to wait another week for that

And for what's that worth it matched all my expectations
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate

Let me solve the command problem. Flag Officers serve at the request of the Command in Chief. Therefore, any Flag Officer maybe demoted or promoted up or down the ladder as the Commander in Chief sees fit.

So why not just demote the Admiral, and promote the Commander? Power problem solved.

Oh wait, that would cut out drama, and reduce the season by an episode.

But overall it was decent. I would give it 7.8 out of 10.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3
    ...as the Commander in Chief sees fit.
    True... unless the officer doesn't recognize the authority of said CiC.

Kane doesn't consider Roslin to be a legitimate authority (she said as much in passing in the previous episode). Also, as revealed by her actions with her own civilian fleet, she's rather lost her sense of perspecitve... among other things.

If Roslin ordered her demoted, Kane would lead a military coup... causing exactly the situtation that Roslin sought to avoid.
    Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

So why not just demote the Admiral, and promote the Commander? Power problem solved.

Oh wait, that would cut out drama, and reduce the season by an episode.

But overall it was decent. I would give it 7.8 out of 10.
    That was the problem with Pegasus, it made no sense. Adama was made Head of the Fleet by the President - no matter who comes with their own ship he is subject to Adama and not Vice Versa. Not only rank but position decides who is in command. Especially in wartimes it is not uncommon that higher ranking officers have to answer to lower ranks, who substituted for former high ranking officers.

But I agree I doubt Cain would have accepted that - I just don't like that Adama gave in so easily.

That whole military-stuff they pulled in that episode was simply put wrong ( Lt. Thorne running around Galactica without Adama knowing, etc. ) and illogical. Military does not work that way, which the writers and producers did not knew, obviously. Since they do not have a military advisor, like Moore said, they are bound to make mistakes. Those storywholes I think made Pegasus the worst episode so far - although it was still tense and interesting.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

So I am guessing everyone here thinks that Civilian fleet has long since been hunted down and killed.

What a great anti-government military junta she has going there. Let me guess, one of the first things she did was flush her JAG officer out of a docking port.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Just saw the episode. And as usual, wow!
    Of course, I have absolutely no military background whatsoever (did my French civil duty in Germany ... go figure ), so I had no trouble suspending my disbelief for this episode (as well as previous episode) .
    Anyhow, I really liked it, and I'm pretty anxious to see the next episode's result. I mean, of course ... oh, sorry ...

SPOLIER ALERT, got to condition 2

... so ... yes, of course, they have two battlestars now, one of them state of the art. But they plan to go against two Cylon battlestars, with their thousands of raiders ... and not even one of them seems to have second thoughts about that. They all seem to go "oh yeah, we'll just blast those motherships out of the way, make the resurrection ship go kaboom, and then that's when the tricky part starts" ... right!
    The other thing ... well, I know Kara and Lee are worth 10 marines each, but am I the only one thinking that Adama's plan to assassinate Caine is a bit amateur looking compared to her plan to assassinate him? Of course, he doesn't like what he's doing, but he could at least try for real . Poor Adama. I hope/know that they'll find a way out of this, but from where we stand, everything is made to look like he's going to get his ass thrashed .
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)