Thread: "Chaf" (Golfball-sized perimeter defense anti-matter charges.)

"Chaf" (Golfball-sized perimeter defense anti-matter charges.)

I was thinking about an idea & wondered if anyone was interested in fleshing out the details.

"Chaf".
    Golfball sized perimeter defense anti-matter charges that are stored in regular cargo or ordnance-storage/deployment bays, & act upon collision with another ship or it's shields while being pursued.

They're designed for Starfleet Transport Command (& allied) freighters (ie: Deneva-Class) & as last-ditch items for fighters, shuttles, & Danube-Class to moderate-sized runabouts, when all other options (diplomatic communications, phasers & all types of torpedos,) have been utterly exausted.

Meant to overwhelm sensors / targeting systems & at max settings cause enemy hull breaches.
    "We're Starfleet Officers, Mister Kim. 'Weird,' is part of the job."
    - Captain Kathrine Janeway, USS Voyager.

Nice idea, I'm not sure you could add settings to cause hull breaches however. I feel it should just be left to the realm of sensor interferance.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Do you recall the "antimatter spread" in "Best of Both Worlds, Part 2?" Sounds a lot like your charges to me...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra