Thread: Firefly F/X Led To Galactica

Firefly F/X Led To Galactica

Loni Peristere, visual-effects supervisor on the SF movie Serenity, told SCI FI Wire that the movie's computer-generated visual effects mimicked hand-held camera moves and realistic lens effects, which also directly influenced the F/X on SCI FI Channel's original series Battlestar Galactica.
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=34061

I think Moore mentioned something similiar in his blog, at least I read it before.
    As far as I know they first had planned to use no sound as well, but figured the fans would not like that and therefore they use dampened sounds.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Quote Originally Posted by Jem'hadar
    Loni Peristere, visual-effects supervisor on the SF movie Serenity, told SCI FI Wire that the movie's computer-generated visual effects mimicked hand-held camera moves and realistic lens effects, which also directly influenced the F/X on SCI FI Channel's original series Battlestar Galactica.
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=34061
    Meh. It's old news really, especially when you have watched both series.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

yeah kinda old news, considering it's the same people (Zoic studios) that did the FX for firefly that do the work for BSG thats kinda logical

Serenity even appears in the mini series
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate

really? Where?
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

check when people are evacuating Caprica. You'll See the Serenity bugging out. And check the fleet in the mini series. you'll see a certain famous shuip in the back ground
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Right before roslin discover she has cancer, there a scene outside. You can see serenity flying in atmo at the time

And thats true you can see the enterprise in the ragtag fleet too but don't know the exact time, just seen a screenshot.
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate