Thread: Advanced Grimoire Sheet

Advanced Grimoire Sheet

Hello All,

You will find attached a new form I have created for the LotR RPG. With the sheer number of picks that can be spent on a single spell, I put together this form to keep track of what the magician/wizard may do with it.

It will be part of the upcoming issue of Hall of Fire, but before it is released, I would love a little constructive input. So please take a look, read through the bullets below and tell me if you see any changes that would make it better.

• The top box is for a player to input their total number of Advancement picks spent on Spellcasting, or Wizard's spellcasting. They should enter the data to look like this: 4 (20), where 4 is the advancements and 20 (4 x 5) is the total of spell picks purchased.

• Spell methods - list the methods that you have chosen through purchasing the Order ability when spending Advancement picks.

• Spell methods - list the methods that you have chosen through purchasing the Order ability when spending Advancement picks.

• Spell Name and Total picks - enter here the spell name and the sum of all picks spent on the spell including the initial cost of the spell.

• Brief Description - write down any pertinent information you like handy so you don't have to keep going back to the Core Rule Book.

• Increased effects - write here any increased effects that you may have purchased for the spell and enter the picks spent to acquire increases. These picks will be included in the sum of all spell picks for that spell.

• Ease of use or Ability - check off any boxes for picks spent to ease the use of the spell or to make them an ability. The cost for doing so is the 3 + 3 + 4 numbers along the bottom. These picks will be included in the sum of all spell picks for that spell.

• Casting Bonuses - write in all bonuses that you may receive to any tests related to the spell, and any picks cost, in this section from Order Abilities or by spending additional spell picks. These picks will be included in the sum of all spell picks for that spell.

After you have entered the particular information, balance your sheet to the top number of allowable picks. The sheet should prove a handy reference to the player in seeing where he or she can enhance a spell, or what they can do with it once they have spent additional picks.

Gimme any other suggestions that you think may help...

Thanks!

Tomcat
    Attached Files Attached Files

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

Tomcat,
    is there any chance of you being able to save the Advanced Grimoire as compatible with Acrobat 6.0? I have Acrobat Reader 7.05, but only Acrobat 6.0, which means I can't use the form format, and I absolutely love these things!

I feel like a kid outside a lolly store, unable to go inside!

Seriously, if you could, it would be fantastic, but I understand if it's not backwards compatible. Hell, I don't even know how Acrobat really works (I have it on my work laptop as part of their standard setup), so I'm just assuming it's possible to save as an earlier version, like you can with Word.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Hey Aldaron...

That is wierd because I have Acrobat 6.0 too (at least I think I do ). When I get back home this afternoon, I will take a look at my version and see if I can do this for you.

Any input on the sheet though? I am assuming you like it, but you know what happens when we assume.

I will let you know tonight!

Tomcat
    Last edited by Tomcat; 02-03-2006 at 09:40 AM.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

Gah, sorry Tomcat!

I love the sheet. I'm a sucker for any time-saver I can add onto a character sheet, and this fits the bill perfectly. I especially like the inclusion of the "Ease of Use or Ability" section - something that's been missing in most other variants of this type of thing that I've seen.

Just on the Acrobat thing - that is wierd. I've just double-checked, and I have Acrobat 6.0.0.19/05/2003. The Advanced Grimoire displays beautifully, but I can't add anything into the form on the computer, as if I was looking at it with Acrobat Reader (which it definitely isn't - I create PDFs for my students occasionally using this program, so it's not the reader only).

Ah...hang on. I've just checked through the help files. Make sure you have Acrobat Professional, otherwise the forms won't "take". I have Acrobat Standard, which should be able to write to forms, just not create them.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

I have Acrobat professional, so let me get this thing finalized (maybe someone will throw out a suggested 'fix') and afterwards I will convert it to a form.

When it is complete, I will upload it here.

Tomcat

Shadow bane, Skirmisher

did you ever convert it to form?
    the roads goes ever on..... so buy a volvo!

"don't tell the elf"-Gimili at the Hornburg LOTR TTT

What about second breakfast?- Pippin, LOTR FOTR

"My precious"- my treo 700 phone/PDA

Hey Feanorgil...

I never got around to making this into an active PDF form for input. I moved on to another project which I like better. It contains the same kind of information, but it makes it accesible and edit-able on the internet.

It is my Profiler character sheets and you are welcome to use them if you want. You can find them at:

RPG Profiler

Check my signature to link to my own character if you want to see what the sheets look like.

As far as the grimoire sheets, I may get back to them soon. We'll see.

Tomcat

Shadow bane, Skirmisher

I have used that piece of freware and it is awesome. I am about to order battlerounds for RPG on line playing and Djinni for mapping. I am usuing my mac more than the Vista machine.
    the roads goes ever on..... so buy a volvo!

"don't tell the elf"-Gimili at the Hornburg LOTR TTT

What about second breakfast?- Pippin, LOTR FOTR

"My precious"- my treo 700 phone/PDA