Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decipher 'Enterprise'

Arrow

I would correct you but that would be veering off the topic, which is Decipher's ENTERPRISE.

It is too early to write because nothing is made canon yet (the show have yet to premiere in September). And even then, the first season is usually the "feeling out" phase. Realistically, after about 3 or 4 seasons, many facts and information will be established and used more commonly and become canon, whether we like it or not.

------------------
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

[This message has been edited by REG (edited 07-25-2001).]

I don't like the concept of the Show, but as alot of narrators take their games away from canon (an idea I like your world after all) I think that something like an Enterprise sourcebook could be a good idea. It would definitly be a new path. Something to keep in mind I think.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Nothing to stop us, as gamers, putting together our own Enterprise sourcebook as the series progresses.
    I agree absolutely that Decipher should wait a few seasons for the show to establish itself before putting together an official sourcebook, however.

Long Tom

Well to get this topic back on track:

Don is right - I'd prefer that a new series was half-through (2 - 4 seasons) before doing a supplement on it. Plotlines in Trek take a while to develop and if plot arcs are being used ala DS9 it may be awhile before all the mysteries are revealed.

For instance, Fasa wrote the Klingon sourcebook back when there was little canon info on the movie era Klingons. When the TNG came around a lot of the book was invalidated (yes, I know that Fasa Trek was gone by then but thats not the point).

Despite my own adversion to the new series (and I'll save further comment until the series arrives) I do want to see an Enterprise supplement eventually. Why?

Because DecTrek, like LUGTrek, has a good crew of writers. Writers who love Trek and have tried to keep continuity even when there is little information. If anyone could reconcile the inconsistancies it will DecTrek. And yes, I do believe there will be such an attempt, if past sourcebooks are any indication.

And Enterprise may just surprise us with a few gems on the dawn of the Federation; hopefully giving us cultures of the first Fed races such as the Tellerites and the Andorians. Thats my hope for the new series.