Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Star Trek: Nemesis (Director's Cut)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Actually, I did, and I found I liked STV a Riker fights Nosferatu in the Nostromo-like bowls of the Enterprise!...

...And they apparently missed the most obvious casting choice for Shinzon: Patrick Stewart.
    Just a slight issue there on the cavernous bowels of Federation Starships... But remind me what deck did Spock stop at when travelling UP the Turbolift shaft on his jet boots in STV?

And once you confirm that they went UP to Deck 78, remind me where deck 1 should be?

OK, just being a bit of a pedant deliberately there...

But you got me on the last one...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Quote Originally Posted by RaconteurX View Post
    You should write that plotline up as a novel, it would be the only good thing that came out of Nemesis.
    I found my one and only written draft of the use of Sela around Nemesis... its from wayyyy back in 2003...

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread.php?t=8466

Major/Commander/Sub-Commander Sela is disgraced after several failed missions thwarted by Picard. And so she has a need to rebuild her own personal power-base along witha personal grudge against Picard and the Enterprise.

Her standing is further reduced by the Alliance to fight the Dominion, and with a looming friendship with the Federation, her hardline standing is seen as a flaw...

Thats when she discovers Picards clone, and begins to plot events. Ensuring some covert help to the Remans, and helping Shinzon to grow and become a Reman trooper, starting his rise to power... For this she was relying on several of Picards personality traits, her covert help and the Reman Viceroy. And in the meantime she enabled some secret construction facilities (ie; Tal Shiar, but a deniable recource) to begin construction of the Scimitar...

Once everything was in place, the Scimitar, Shinzons placement as leader of the Remans, she began part B to her plan, and plotted and carried out the assassination of the High Council (having sidelined her career, it became a pleasant task)...

And so the events of the film began to unfold, until Shinzons instability threw the first couple of wrinkles into the plan. THis was when the little known plan C came into effect. As Sela had planned to ensure that her powerbase would be rebuilt no matter what...

And so she tipped off Donatra and brought her Romulan associates into a position of Neutrality. leaving Donatra to attack Shinzon and either win and gain the trust of the Federation for all, or loose and be destroyed (thus destroying proof of Sela's involvement)...

Now the film closes, and Sela steps up, and claims credit for some of her actions, while disposing of some assets that could embarrase her later (the unfortunate accident involving one particular polititian/assassin is a little convenient, but little is proved, and many Romulans think it fair justice)...

So now Sela sits as one of the senior ranking Tal Shiar officials, and as a hero of the Empire after having saved it from the mad Shinzon, and fakes a veneer of neutrality towards the Federation, while working on increasing her political power and looking for new ways to get revenge against Picard...
    Its a little rough around the edges, but you get the jist.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Quote Originally Posted by CypherWest View Post
    I liked Nemesis, I think you guys are being a little harsh on it.
    That's an understatement.

Never did liked how the story go.

Never did like the addition of the Remans, the so-called hidden race of the Romulan Empire.

The Picard imposter could have been more useful under the guidance of Major Sela and/or Tomalak, more notable iconic Romulan figures that would link the TV series to the film, much the same way the TOS "Space Seed" episode is linked to Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gurden View Post
    And once you confirm that they went UP to Deck 78, remind me where deck 1 should be?
    Somewhere without Jet Boots, that's where.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I have just seen a few scenes of director Werner Herzog's 'Nosferatu' (Klaus Kinski being Dracula) and I think I now know where the art departmant of 'Nemesis' have gotten their basic ideas of the Reman looks from

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    I have just seen a few scenes of director Werner Herzog's 'Nosferatu' (Klaus Kinski being Dracula) and I think I now know where the art departmant of 'Nemesis' have gotten their basic ideas of the Reman looks from
    The Nemesis script explicitly stated the similarity.

Quote Originally Posted by John Logan, Hack
    VICEROY (V.O.)
    But in darkness, there is strength.
    Donatra and Suran stop.
    And the VICEROY steps from the shadows…
    He is a terrifying sight A powerful, monstrous alien creature; a tall, ashenskinned
    ectomorph who bears a disturbing resemblance to the original
    Nosferatu. He is vampiric and lethal He is a Reman.
    This is from the same page that tells the art department to base the Romulan design on the KAOS symbol from Get Smart.
    Last edited by The Tatterdemalion King; 01-14-2009 at 11:11 AM.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Ah, intersting!

Where can one read the script, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    Ah, intersting!

Where can one read the script, anyway?
    TrekCore, which is one of those incredibly useful sites you wish existed a decade ago.

Thanks!