Thread: Power to the Navigational Deflector?

Question Power to the Navigational Deflector?

Am I missing something? Somewhat new to the RPG world I might be overlooking something. Would appreciate your help and discussion on the following:

Every set of ships stats I have has info. listed on every basic system (and its power per round). But I don't see anything about the navigational deflector! I think such an important system should be taken into consideration; and given a certain number of points! Come on, this is the sytem that keeps the starships from being smashed in to at warp speeds by micro-particals (and larger objects!). It seems to me that the nav. deflector is different from the other defensive systems; other wise in high alert conditons, why would shields have to be raised if the nav. deflector is already up? This is why I have a hard time useing the protection points during non-crises flight.

If I am missing such info. in the stats, please point them out to me! If they are not there I would like to see some discussion on possible numbers for points, and some ideas why such a vital system was left out.

[This message has been edited by redwood973 (edited 04-29-2001).]

I believe that has been taken care of in SpaceDock.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">It seems to me that the nav. deflector is different from the other defensive systems; other wise in high alert conditons, why would shields have to be raised if the nav. deflector is already up? </font>
    The nav deflector is just a really low strength shield plus an extremely long range repulsor beam that sweeps the microscopic junk out of the way. It is useless in combat, unless you do some funky modifications and turn it into a borg-killing death beam or something.

[This message has been edited by suicide junkie (edited 04-29-2001).]

Think this is covered by the navigational sensors.

------------------
    "I am a great one for rushing in where angels fear to tread." - Cpt. Kirk, Star Trek VI

My take on this subject is that the power to the deflector is actually part of the power listed for using the drive systems. I just assume that the power needed to make the ship move at a specified speed includes both the engine and the deflector power needs.

------------------

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

LUGTrek isn't really dead. Not as long as we remember it.