Thread: Detailed time line needed

Exclamation Detailed time line needed

I'm in need of a detailed, accurat time line going from a bit before TNG to the end of DS9. I'm about to start a TNG game with some friends, and a couple are die hard trekkies (i'm kinda one too, but they QUOTE stuff). And I wanted the timeline so i wouldn't cause accidents - ie: have them some weres they shouldn't be/couldn't be- or end up screwing the storylines in the series. So if any body knows were I could find one, that would be god-send.

Get your hands on the Star Trek Chronology!

That should cover you quite well

------------------
    '...The Borg have stopped at deck 10...'
    '...Deflector Control, no vital systems...'

Not a vital system! What the heck do you think stops the ship going 'poof' every time it goes to warp?

- ST:First Contact; Lt Hawk

Is there an updated version of the Chronology out yet? The last version I saw only covered through First Contact.

Chonology? whats that? if its a book, i'm a little (more like a huge amount) out of date. *hasn't been in a book store for about 4 months*

Wink

Check out James Dixon's timeline. It covers not only the canon material but most of the printed material as well. I used it frequently in my games. It also might give you some ideas for future games.

http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/st-tng/trivia/timeline/

There will also be a timeline of Trek, from TOS through the end of Voyager (including novels, some comics, et al.) in the upcoming hardcover novel Star Trek: Gateways: What Lay Beyond. That might be worth picking up this fall (shameless plug, since I helped create that timeline).

Byteninja, the book is entitled "Star Trek Chronology: The History of the Future", written by Michael and Denise Okuda and published by Pocket Books. The ISBN is 0-671-53610-9. Haven't seen it around much recently, and it may be out of print, but the book would be well worth the purchase price is you can find it. My version only details up through First Contact, though.

Just occurred to me that there is a nice timeline included in the All Our Yesterdays put out by LUG. You might want to take a look there as well.

Just a warning, the Dixon timeline is about eight gazillion pages long... However, it does, if I recall correctly, indicate from where it gets various dates from.

I believe there are some newer versions of it out there.

One time line I like is at:
    http://www.pcisys.net/~biff/DTSDownload.html
    by Alex Rosenzweig. It does a pretty good job integrating the Okuda chronology with elements of the LUG, FASA, and Tech Fandom chronologies. It also tweaks the dates of Kirk's five-year mission, which I like. The individual episodes still take place in the same year, but tacks on extra time after the end of the show, pushing up ST:TMP. (Ironically, putting it in synch with Voyager's "Q2", which contradicts the Okuda Chronology).

[This message has been edited by Dan Stack (edited 04-20-2001).]

Arrow

Here's another good time line . . . goes to sixth season of VOY.

http://mercury.spaceports.com/~tustc.../timeline.html

James Dixon has apparently released the new version of his timeline:

http://us.share.geocities.com/Area51...077/TREK14.TXT

It is huge, though.