Thread: BSG: Imaginary People Theory ( Spoiler! )

BSG: Imaginary People Theory ( Spoiler! )

Having seen the latest BSG episode, Downloaded, I have come to some ideas regarding the imaginary Six and Baltar we now saw in the series.

First of all, I find the similarities between the two imagined characters remarkable. Their gestures are very similiar, their way of talking as well. It is most interesting to hear the selfish Baltar talk about the suffering of humans and the like where as usually he is not affected by tha fate of others - especially clear in the scene where he is confronted with the fact that he betrayed all mankind and the first he thinks of is calling his lawyer.
    This imaginary Baltar is not that way. He thinks more of the suffering the Cylons caused for everyone.

But most remarkably he speaks of God. Singular. While the roles of Six and Baltar seem to be reversed in "Downloaded", Baltar talks of God just like Six.

This made me think and I came to the conclusion that there might be some truth to Six' telling Gaius that she is an angel send by God. In this case the imagined Baltar would be an angel too.

I do not think this is literally speaking, but what if they come from the same source? I think they could come from a third power, maybe the one ( not unlike the original series ) that made the Cylons become self-aware and rebell in the first place. Maybe they are another alien species or something that try to make contact using this hallucinations or something.

At least I think there is more to them than just being imaginations. Just my random thoughts, anyway.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Or he could just be fruiter than a nut cake too.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Evan brings up some interesting points.

But I doubt another, alien influence. They as much have promised no other aliens, and EJO said if it becomes a 'alien of the week' show he's gone.

But you're right, both of the 'hallucinations' seem to have similar insights, and have speak similarly and share a common agenda: bringing Cylons and Human's together.

While the Six apparition is a little more heavy handed and almost malicious at times, the Baltar apparition seemed very worried for Caprica Six. And her feelings.

And about the angels thing: remember, the Devil was also an angel. What if "god" has set something up in Baltar and Caprica to lead the two groups to something?

Just snowballing.

I got the impression that these 'Impressions' upon the others conciousness . . . acted in opposite roles in relations to the one who it effects.

This 'impression' of Baltar . . . was far more on the side of 'good' then the real Baltar ever was.

Where as the 'impression' of "Caprica 6" was far more the naked intent of the original.

Thus both kind of serve as the imaginary angel and/or devil to that person . . . without the appropriate counter balance.

----
    But what I think is more interesting is this movement that Sharron and Caprica 6 may have started . . . the rise of individuality . . . and certain peaceful/civil tenents that are lacking in the Cylon society. Without these . . . the Cylons are capable of genocide and be littling their creators. However, if they begin to see Humans as their equals . . . their may be a change in strategy . . . as how to best accomplish their goals . . . this goes towards the Humans in relations to the Cylons as well.

Furthermore . . . Sharron now has alot of information thrown at her . . . in a short amount of time regarding the events that have occured on the fleet . . . and what has happened on Caprica. These events, if they ever become known to the Fleet . . . could have amazing effects upon the fate of Humanity.
    ----
    As for the Child of Galactica Sharron . . . it is best for the fleet if the childs existance is not known (think of the implications of the childs existance if that knowledge gets to either extremist group) and/or the location of the child is unknown (think "Human Shield").

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

JALU3, you have your Sharron's mixed up, Galactica Sharron was the one that was killed. Caprica Sharron is the one with the baby.

This is going to really start getting complex now isn't it?
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    JALU3, you have your Sharron's mixed up, Galactica Sharron was the one that was killed. Caprica Sharron is the one with the baby.

This is going to really start getting complex now isn't it?
    The Sharron I state as Galactica Sharron is the one that originated on Caprica . . . and the one who was initially self-aware about herself being a Cylon.

The Sharron I state as (plain old) Sharron is the one that believes herself to be human. The one who shot (now) Admiral Adama, the one who Loves CPO Tyrol, and was shot by SPC Cally.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

I think what would have made the 'bottom fall out' of the episode would have been to reveal Maya (the adoptive mother) turn out to be a model of the cylons!

And it's so nice of the cylons to only allow the models we've seen (Six, Sharon, Lucy Lawless, that suicide bomber cylon, the doctor cylon and that cylon with the bad hair) and none of the others! so, Caprica is a 6-12 only planet? That make Gemini a 1-5? Is Picon a odd number only?

Talk about really needing originality!