Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Players wanted for brand new game!!

Quote Originally Posted by Commadore_Xjün

But I did reply. We spoke about the picture of your character that you're using in your signature here.

Unless there are more messages that you sent that haven't gotten through...
    That was the last one you answered then nothing from my inquires for over a month.

It would seem then that I never received your messages.

My inbox says that the last E-Mail I received from you was about the commbadge. I got that one on the 18th of March.
    Paul Serrarens
    Captain John Drake, CO, USS Diligence

I've desided to add a small support craft to the Diligence.

The idea is that the craft will be a scout with few other uses. For crew, I'm thinking that it should share crew with the Diligence.

What I mean is that the crew of the scout changes depending on it's mission. Most of the time it would just hang around near-by with a half-full crew, and when it's time to send it out we'd send over whatever is needed. We can treat it like a really big shuttle.

I've already drawn up a simple design and put together some specs.

It's called the USS Neltorr, it can be found in the ships section of the page, right under the Diligence.

If anyone has some ideas for it, feel free to speak up.
    Paul Serrarens

Why does the vessel need a small support craft? It appears that there are a large number of type13 'greyhounds'. Or are we talking about something size 4 or larger?

If we are looking for something size 3 or smaller . . . why don't we place a couple Danube Class runabouts, and/or Talon/Venture class scouts aboard? This will fill the role of long-range scout without the need of having a larger vessel in tow. Furthermore, this would mean that no additional crew may be necessary to operate such vessels, as these vessels maybe part of the normal embarked complement of shuttles/workcraft assigned to the USS Diligence.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

The Neltorr isn't actually all that small, it's about 128 meters long.

I get all my ship and tech info ( at least all the stuff I don't make up myself ) from the Daystrom Institute Technical Library which places the Defiant Class as 171 meters and the Klingon Bird of Prey as 109. This places the Neltorr somewhere inbetween.

The Neltorr is faster than anything else in the fleet. ( it can hit 9.9975, about 7.7 times 9.6, the top speed of a standard Galaxy Class ) It's down side is that it's weak in most other categories. It's combat abilities are really low.

The back story for the ship has Starfleet testing out a new idea, giving deep space explorers and starbases a high speed scout.

As for shuttles, the Diligence has plenty of type 11's and type 9's and four Danube Runabouts.
    Last edited by Commadore_Xjün; 04-19-2006 at 12:38 AM.
    Paul Serrarens

I've created a new Yahoo! Mail account specifically for this sim.

I'll still reply to messages sent to my regular address, but I'd like any new messages concerning the USS Diligence sent to my new address @

uss.diligence@yahoo.ca

Thanks
    Paul Serrarens

Not to question the intentions of the GM . . . but what is the need for a high speed courier . . . when the ship has organic courior capability by having embarked runabouts? I understand that we shall be travelling at a high rate of speed into the unknown . . . but there's a reason why it's the size of a D'Deridix Class Warbird.

My opinion of a COD is, if it can't fit into your shuttlebay/flight deck . . . it isn't a courier.

If you want to keep it, I say make it an NPC controlled vessel. This keeps all the PCs within the same ship.

I have to ask though . . . have you thought of creating Spacedock versions of your vessels? I would enjoy seeing the write ups.
    ----

Yay! I have submitted my character!
    Last edited by JALU3; 04-19-2006 at 06:22 AM.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Just thought I'd update this thread and say that we've officially launched.

Season 1 is entitled Conspiracies.

We're just starting out first episode mission; Shakedown.

If you want to know more, then just visit the page.
    Paul Serrarens