Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Stats for Constitution Class Refit

Arrow Need Stats for Constitution Class Refit

UHHH hi guys and gals ..... Just was wondering if somone has the actual stats for the movie era Constitution Class starship....not the ones from stardock. Mind you that would be fine too I just want them converted to LUG rpg...perhaps they have already been posted if so where? I really really really need them so if someone can help me out that be great

Thanks in Advance

------------------
    Korga =/\=

I'm Drunk of Borg Resistance is Floortile.

Just my 2cents worth---sorry!

Having a background in naval history I would like to share some info. with all my fellow rpg'ers.

A class of ship is named after the first vessle of the class (as you all know). If a vessel undergoes an up-grade no change in its designation is made. When a vessel undergoes a re-fit (such as the Enterprise did) the space-frame is so modified that it is considered a new class; to be named after the first vessel. This the movie Enterprise is an Enterprise-class heavy cruiser.
    ---------------

Please remember that items on the rear sensors are closer than they appear. Redwood

Unfortunately for your contention, it has been established on screen that The Enterprise did not change classes - the class name remained Constitution. Clearly Starfleet felt that the changes were insufficient to change the class name.

------------------

Owen's correct, but it's very ironic, because the Enterprise's refit was EXTREMELY comprehensive!

Perhaps their Naval consultant didn't speak up at the right time

------------------
    SIRSIG
    AKA: SirPostalot
    AKA: The MapMaker
    AKA: The Trek Cartographer
    AKA:...Well I could keep going forever

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SIR SIG:
    Perhaps their Naval consultant didn't speak up at the right time

</font>
    What "naval consultant"? I'll be $50 that no Star Trek series or movie has ever had any sort of military consultant or advisor... or any other sort of advisor with expertise in the operation of a large, multi-mission organization.

------------------
    "I'd rather die standing than live on my knees..."
    Shania Twain

Sliding off-topic here, guys... Back to gaming.

------------------

Korga,

I think you can find the stats in the boards somewhere. There are two different versions in the Spacedock area, one by Swampy and the other by IceGiant. As for LUG rules, try the Starship Design Forum II. I ran across it when I searched for a ship the other day. I didn't read the entire thread, so I'm not sure if it has the refit Enterprise. I hope this helps.

I beg to differ with you gentleman, but in the Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise, Paramount backed 1987, tech. manual the new upgrade was indeed re-named the Enterprise-class.

Enterprise-Class
    Commissioning Date:2286

Hull Characteristics:
    Size: 6
    Resistance: 3
    Structural Points: 120

Operations Characteristics:
    Crew/Passengers: 500/900 [5 pwr/rd]
    Computers: 4 [3pwr/rd]
    Transporters: 4 Personnal, 4 Emergency, 1 Cargo [4pwr/rd]
    Tractor Beams: 1 fv, 1 ad [2pwr/rating used]

Propulsion & Power Characteristics
    Warp System: 8.0/10.0/12.0 (12 hrs) [2pwr/wf]
    Impulse System: .5c/.75c [5/7 pwr/rd]
    Power: 120

Sensor System
    Long-Range Sensors: +1/15 LYs [6pwr/rd]
    Lateral Sensors: +1/1 LY [4pwr/rd]
    Navigational Sensors: +2 [5 pwr/rd]
    Sensor Skill: 5

Weapon Systems
    Type VIII Phaser (old style)
    Range: 10/10 000/50 000/100 000
    Accuracy: 5/6/8/11
    Damage: 15
    Power: [15]

Type I Photorp Launcher
    Number: 120 Mark VI Torpedoes
    Launcher: 1 fv, 1 ad
    Spread: 2
    Arc: Fore & Aft but self-guiding
    Range: 15/160 000/550 000/1 100 000
    Accuracy: 4/5/7/10
    Damage: 15
    Power: [5]
    Weapon Skill: 5

Defensive Systems:
    StarFleet Deflector Shield
    Protection: 48/70
    Power: [48]

Notes:
    -Phaser power increased by channeling energy directly from warp nacelles. An anti-matter imbalance in the nacelles results in loss of phaser power. Photons are powered from separate source, so do not suffer from this problem.
    -I put the power necessary for the 4 computers at 3 instead of 4 because the M6 II computer was top of the line. I, therefore assumed it to be slightly more effcient then standard units.
    -The max. safe speed of 10.0 was arrived at by using the median between 8.0 and 12.0 the crusieing speed and Max. speed.
    -I assumed the Mark VI torp would have about a 10% increase in range.

In cases of continuity in ST I go by a point that was mentioned by one of the writers (it usually refers to languages but I use it universally) mentioned...The first time it is mentioned in Star Trek it sticks. So, as the book I used for most of the new additions was published in 1987, had the OK of Paramount and had Micheal Okuda as a Tech. advisor therefore any mention of this class as a Constituion-class is simply and error in continuity in my mind. So, use this particular model if you like or...DON'T!

References:
    -Constituion-class by Allen Shock (hope that is right)
    -Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise, Shane Johnson, Pocket Books. Micheal Okuda, technical consultant. 1987

Calguard, I'll take your bet. Gene Roddenberry was a naval aviator.

------------------

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

LUGTrek isn't really dead. Not as long as we remember it.

Historical note:

Shane Johnson's Mr. Scott's Guide To The Enterprise is just another licensed product, same as any of the novels, or games. While it is true that he had access to Paramount materials, Mike Okuda wasn't any sort of "advisor." Okuda was at that time merely a guy who'd done graphics on STIV. He'd only just been hired on to TNG for a short stint (which wound up being 14 years long to date!) to do graphics. He wasn't in a position to act as a "tech advisor." Some of the materials supplied to Johnson were the STIV Okudagrams, which to my knowledge Okuda claims were altered to reflect Johnson's thesis that the Enterprise-A had Transwarp Drive. Johnson's use of the "Enterprise Class" designation comes from the old FASA RPG, which he used heavily as a source.

If you want Michael Okuda's actual views on the designation of the Class, check out the books he wrote and/or co-wrote - the STTNG Tech Manual, two editions of the Star Trek Chronology and three of the Star Trek Encyclopedia in which he consistently calls it the Constitution Class, as well as visual references in STVI:TUC, in which a printout of the Enterprise-A is clearly marked "Constitution Class."

Sorry, but materials prepared by the show's staff trump licensed tech-fandom materials canon-wise.

Now, that said, if you want it to be Enterprise Class in your campaign, that's fine. It's your game. (On the other tentacle, if you're using Shane Johnson's version of the ship, it should have Transwarp )

Now, let's get back to game mechanics (the real reason we're all here)... The stats look pretty good. It should probably be noted, however, that the Warp speeds are on the older scale - WF<sup>3</sup>xc, as opposed to the current WF<sup>3.333...</sup>xc.

------------------

Not trying to start an arguement here, but M. Okuda is listed as graphic desinger for the Bridge graphics, and as tech consultant for the above mentioned book in the acknowledgements. If he has retracted that then it is more then I know.

Back to business, thanks. I did not list the speeds as "old wfs" I thought it was a given.

Speaking of old and new, what is the difference in phaser weaponry between TOS and TNG? A. Shock lists, on his Constitution, the phaser being "old style". What does that mean?

BTW, according to Johnson it was the E-A that had T-Warp capability. Remember back in '87 no writer, star trek or other wise, knew T-Warp would be a failure.

Whahoo thanks for all the resposes I didnt think it be ansewerd so quickly....Thanks Phantom for the stats it is greatly appreciated

------------------
    Korga =/\=

I'm Drunk of Borg Resistance is Floortile.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Korga:
    Whahoo thanks for all the resposes I didnt think it be ansewerd so quickly....Thanks Phantom for the stats it is greatly appreciated
    </font>

You are welcome my friend.