Thread: Spoilers for Enterprise Eps. 3&4

Post Spoilers for Enterprise Eps. 3&4

These are some spoilers posted on the Star Trek Universe website about Episodes 3 & 4 of Enterprise (Since the Pilot is two hours long, it counts as both Eps. 1 & 2, so these are the second and third episodes, respectively).

3. Fight or Flight:

The 3rd episode is titled "Fight or Flight" and involves Enterprise finding another ship dead in space. Archer and crew board her when they cannot get any response to hails (against T'Pol's wishes) and find that the entire crew of the vessel has been killed. Their bodies are supposedly suspended from the ceiling on hooks, and are being drained of all fluids in attempt to gain a substance from them. When the aliens that killed the crew, and the alien race that had its crew killed return, it is up to Hoshi to try to comunicate with the aliens to avoid the destruction of Enterprise.

4. Episode 4: No Title Yet

The 4th show revolves around the crew finding an uninhabited planet, and setting down to do some exploring. There, they encounter what they believe to be a hostile alien species. However, things are not always what they appear. This ep is intresting, because it does show that technology isnt really up to par just yet. For instance, there is a major wind storm on the planet, and it prevents the rescue team from landing. No "recalibration of the dampners" or anything like that - they have to abort. Then, when they try to beam a crewman off the planet in an emergency manuver, the particle buffers cannot descriminate between the crewman and some debris in the stream. As a result, he beams in with chunks of rock and leaves and stuff fused into his body.

OK, me again... I kinda like this so far. Ep 3's synopsis doesn't sound to clear to me (maybe it just doesn't translate well from 45 pg screenplay to one paragraph?), but I like ep 4. Esp. the whole "crewman screwed up by transporter" thing. Ouch!

Responses?

Hugh

------------------
    "Sell your soul to the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society... ASK ME HOW!"

If this is true, my worst fears are realized.

Its the same old Trek schticks warmed over again and again. I hope the episodes will be more interesting the synopises sound. Maybe the aliens shown in eps 3 might be ones that will be future Fed members (but likely not if they are hanging people from hooks). Sound more like the Hirogen.

It was my hope that the prequel series would expand on what we know about the space around the future federation - it seems that we are getting more and more of the TOS/TNG/Voyger stuff. Though far to early to tell from these synopsis

Episode 4 might be cool as to see how B&B look at "primative treknology"

The whole Fight or Flight synopsis reminded me of the TNG episode with the whole "Darmok and Jilad at Tinagra" thing.

NOT IMPRESSED!

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Again its too early to tell here but I'm getting the distinct impression that we'll see "Voyager Syndrome" again.

Take a few good concepts, include them in the pilot, and then dump them at the first opportunity.

I mean, why did B&B go for a prequel anyway? The pilot adds something to Trek history (Klingon First Contact) then they go right back to the old Schticks. I don't mind standard Trek "filler" but that filler is usually for mid-season when the viewers are hooked, not right after the pilot.

Berman and Braga said they did't want to just have any old captain in a starship. So they went with Entprise to be new and amazing. Sooooo why is this new and amazing show going with old and tired episodes.

Even with my own continuity issues I hoped that we'd see a much different TV show than Voyager and TNG. Boy, its beginning to see I was wrong.

I am praying that these are dry synopsis and that the real thing is better than it sounds. I reserve final judgement for later but for a series that is trying to build a fan base from both soft and hard Star Trek fans, its failing miserably...

Red face

Episode 3 & 4 sound good but not great like the premeir. I too expected more inovative and original ideas. They may air these episodes in a different order than they film, other than the first. Question? in the transporter accident would't it spread the rocks and leaves throught the entire body, fusing them with the rest of the energy used?

That transporter "problem" would have killed the crewman in question.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!