Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fun With Grayscale - V

The on-screen Centaur also had a number of saucer-bottom greeblies. Not that they're necesary, just that it'd be more like the one on-screen if they were there.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by AslanC
    Nice Centaur, but I have to ask, what happened to the shuttle bay on the front top of the saucer? For me that was always her most interesting feature.
    Only a few versions had it, actually, and the official version did not... :S I felt that it was too oddly placed, do ditched it. :S

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    USS Vigilant Class Surveyor

Another one of the DS9 Kitbashes, and it would take a lot to save this ship. As it is, I do consider this a vast improvement on the dog we were given, but there's only so much you can dress up a turd.

Thankfully, the ship is never shown 'intact' on screen, and was made really to be destroyed by the Borg. My changes were to clean up some lines, replace the 'fat' saucer with the regular Enterprise-B saucer, and give her a name and registry for the period.
    They had a nice topline view going, then went and fragged it up by jacking another nacelle on it.

Nice job on a horrible starting product.

Alex

Alberto Sabella Class Tug

Wow, talk about obscure...

Anyway, the main problem with this ship was that it was miscaled, being way too small to be possible (average required deck height would be less than a meter), as well as had the lines of a TNG ship while supposedly being in the TOS era.

I basically made the impulse and warp drives more clear, added the 'standard' saucer dish and bridge dome, and left most the rest alone.
    So, it uses a big tractor beam to tow stuff? Ok. Not bad. This looks kinda like the tow truck rather than a tug boat. More for shuttles and small ships.

Alex

USS Vigilant Class Surveyor
    Y'know, it's kind of a nice ship if you ditch the lower nacelle. Could I make a request, Neale, and ask for a drawing of this one without the lower nacelle and pylons? Just the saucer and the upper nacelle structure?
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

USS Courbet Class Heavy Frigate

First of five requests after the Vigilant was put up. This one takes the Vigiliant/Medusa, adds the secondary hull (snubbed a bit) and underslings the naccelles. This one doesn't come off too bad, actually.

Is the engineering hull for this class shorter then that of the Cruiser Excelsior Class? Thus making this a Heavy Frigate?

Is this canonical, or a kitbash, or a FASA work?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3
    Is the engineering hull for this class shorter then that of the Cruiser Excelsior Class? Thus making this a Heavy Frigate?

Is this canonical, or a kitbash, or a FASA work?
    Not canon, and was a requested draw. It's a frigate 'cause it looses about 15 percent of the secondary hull, and also the entire (and heavy) neck assembly. If it were strictly an Excelsior era ship, it would be just a cruiser.. but since it's dated to the Ambassador era, really, it gets demoted to frigate.

This one doesn't come off too bad, actually.
    I think I'll gack this one; I think it's rather pretty.

Not canon, and was a requested draw. It's a frigate 'cause it looses about 15 percent of the secondary hull, and also the entire (and heavy) neck assembly. If it were strictly an Excelsior era ship, it would be just a cruiser.. but since it's dated to the Ambassador era, really, it gets demoted to frigate.
    The only thing though . . . would it be possible to shorten up the nacelles slightly . . . keep it a more uniform length . . . thus reducing target area.

And would it be possible to have vessel like this but elongate the shuttle bay section to the rear of the sauces section . . . and have shuttle bay doors at the front of the saucer section, thus making a through deck frigate? Say a precurser to the Steamrunner Class, LHD Variant.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

First of five requests after the Vigilant was put up. This one takes the Vigiliant/Medusa, adds the secondary hull (snubbed a bit) and underslings the naccelles. This one doesn't come off too bad, actually.
    Oooh. Me like. Thanks big guy!

Alex

Oooo, I also like the Courbet.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

USS Pueblo Class Surveyor

Second request of five. This is basically just the Vigilant with the underslung naccelle removed, some of the phasers removed, and a small 'securing' hull extension put into place in the rear of the ship. This is basically to the Excelsior what the Hermes and Diana was to the Constitution.

USS Pueblo Class Surveyor
    I was right! It is a nice-looking ship! This one is also gacked! Thanks, TFV!

USS Cochise Class Destroyer

This is just a fix, replacing the primary hull with the 'Odonata Type', so I could bring the warp engine and torpedo bay assembly closer to the main hull.