Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun With Grayscale - V

Fun With Grayscale - V

USS Coronado Class Thru-Deck Cruiser

350 Series Medical Pod

350 Series Produce and Goods Pod

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    USS Coronado Class Thru-Deck Cruiser

Okay, I've been a big (though silent) fan of all the work TFV. But....the deflector right in front of the forward bay doors? Seems like revision time to me.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Quote Originally Posted by Sho-sa Kurita
    Okay, I've been a big (though silent) fan of all the work TFV. But....the deflector right in front of the forward bay doors? Seems like revision time to me.
    Maybe not revision, but seems a little awkward...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

USS Centaur Class Frigate

Wow, one of DS9's more popular wreck-bashes ,but a flawed one. In the original, the swiped-Miranda torpedo bay would , well, smash through the hull of the saucer. I cleaned up those lines, replaced the Excelsior-class engines and ditched the messed up shuttlebay placement.

Remember, the Centaur was one of those ships not meant to stand up to close scrutiny.

nice revision to the Frankenship. That looks a lot better
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    USS Centaur Class Frigate

Wow, one of DS9's more popular wreck-bashes ,but a flawed one. In the original, the swiped-Miranda torpedo bay would , well, smash through the hull of the saucer. I cleaned up those lines, replaced the Excelsior-class engines and ditched the messed up shuttlebay placement.

Remember, the Centaur was one of those ships not meant to stand up to close scrutiny.
    Building a Centaur class ship from both Excelsior class and Miranda class parts isn't possible, since, although the components look like they come from those classes, they have a different scale. (The models they used to create the original Centaur came from different companies and used different scales.)
    So what size do you use. Did you start with an Excelsior class (and size) saucer, or did you use the Miranda parts as a guide for determining the Centaur's dimensions?

A good article on this ship can be found here:

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ar...tm.htm#centaur
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Quote Originally Posted by Ergi
    So what size do you use. Did you start with an Excelsior class (and size) saucer, or did you use the Miranda parts as a guide for determining the Centaur's dimensions?
    Since the saucer and engines were both based on the Excelsior, I went with that for the scaling, and set about redoing the roll-bar and torpedo bay accordingly. I haven't remeasured the ship yet, to post stats on it, but that's something I probably should do in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyCaitian
    nice revision to the Frankenship. That looks a lot better
    Ditto from me. That looks nice.

Alex

350 Series Pods, Bulk and Liquids

Nothing really special, and added more for completeness sakes.

Last edited by TFVanguard; 03-29-2006 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blake
    Ditto from me. That looks nice.
    Glad everyone liked it. I'm always a little nervous revising a 'canon' ship, even if it is a DS9 wreck-bash, since everyone has certain expectations as to what's shown on screen - even if it doesn't make much sense.

USS Vigilant Class Surveyor

Another one of the DS9 Kitbashes, and it would take a lot to save this ship. As it is, I do consider this a vast improvement on the dog we were given, but there's only so much you can dress up a turd.

Thankfully, the ship is never shown 'intact' on screen, and was made really to be destroyed by the Borg. My changes were to clean up some lines, replace the 'fat' saucer with the regular Enterprise-B saucer, and give her a name and registry for the period.

I quite like the Centaur actually.. While the adition of the Miranda torpeo launcher as a secondary hull is sill, if you overlook it it looks quite nice.. Good lines and just a little different!
    Ta Muchly

Alberto Sabella Class Tug

Wow, talk about obscure...

Anyway, the main problem with this ship was that it was miscaled, being way too small to be possible (average required deck height would be less than a meter), as well as had the lines of a TNG ship while supposedly being in the TOS era.

I basically made the impulse and warp drives more clear, added the 'standard' saucer dish and bridge dome, and left most the rest alone.

Nice Centaur, but I have to ask, what happened to the shuttle bay on the front top of the saucer? For me that was always her most interesting feature.