Thread: [BTFF] Soliciting input on article ideas

[BTFF] Soliciting input on article ideas

So, I'm about to start re-reading the recent DS9 'relaunch' novels for research purposes, and thought I'd take the fresh knowledge gleaned from re-reading and turn that into a bunch of articles for GoB's Beyond the Final Frontier webzine.

I thought the articles could include a synopsis/summary of the novel, write-ups and stats for the major characters, and maybe the occasional new trait or ability if it came up in the books.

Would this be worthwhile for your gaming needs? What else would you like to see, related to the novels and the events contained therein? Stats for ships, for new aliens introduced in the books, etc.?

Absolutely. I've really enjoyed the relaunch novels, for the most part, and while some things will be difficult to reconcile (Decipher's Andorians not being 4-gendered, etc) I think this would be a fabulous idea.

Financial issues forced me to sell a number of my books, but I'd love to help in any way I can. PM me if you'd like a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by OrbOfProphecy
    Absolutely. I've really enjoyed the relaunch novels, for the most part, and while some things will be difficult to reconcile (Decipher's Andorians not being 4-gendered, etc) I think this would be a fabulous idea.
    Heck, that's easy to fix. Just create an alternate write-up for Andorians based on the novels. Then leave the decision to the Narrators and players which version they want to use.

Don't foget wrtie ups of the new/old worlds encountered.
    Draftsmen in Training

What would interest me much more than a summary of the novels would be a presentation of the big picture, a timeline with the important events after 2375 (DS9 season 7), something that you could use as background events, even if your campaign wasn't set on and around Deep Space 9.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

I love the idea. Have read about two thirds of the series myself and liked what I read mostly. Was a little bit out of ST novels after two thirds of the "A time to..." TNG series that I very much disliked.

Everything mentioned so far interests me as well. Ergi's idea about the big picture is worthwhile in my eyes.

Character / starship / species write ups are always very welcome. But I have to ask: who and when will we do the same thing about the New Frontier Series?!

Good ideas folks. I had intended to include a summary of the big picture as of each novel, and I had thought I'd include plot hooks and story ideas for Narrators to consider if they wanted to run a campaign or episode in the same general timeframe as the novel.

I would like to see more enterprise era adventures , ships & equipment.

A time line of this era would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by toadmage
    I would like to see more enterprise era adventures , ships & equipment.
    This would be outside the scope of what I was looking to work on, but I imagine someone out there might work on some Enterprise stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cut
    But I have to ask: who and when will we do the same thing about the New Frontier Series?!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

Adventures!

Are these the ones with the Commander Vahgn?

Definitly GREAT ideas for whoever wants to do them up. Maybe even for the Titan novels as well.
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

@Ineti:

Has there been any development with this stuff or is your work for the LotR .pdfs keeping you away from it?