Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: USS Diligence

Why no Wide Firing Mode? Other than that, it looks good big but good.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Why no Wide Firing Mode? Other than that, it looks good big but good.
    My thinking is, that due to its design . . . like the Pulse PHASER Cannon . . . there are restrictions to the types of firing modes. If there were only 40 emitters . . . I would cut out Continuous firing mode as well.

I would be even more afraid at the damage possible in pulse mode.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

I'd narror the beam angle even further, give it like 5 degrees total, since it is keel-mounted / aligned.

As far as my original idea beind the weapon goes, it's arc is very limited due to the length of the barrel. I'd say no more than 2-4 degrees.

Shot lenghts are uniform; it fires in 0.5 second bursts with a 1.5 second recharge, and it takes about 30 seconds to initialize the system.

Also, it requires it's own dedicated warp power system. The idea is that it can't use regular warp plasma to power the soliton coils; it needs specially prepared soliton drive plasma. To get this, it needs a modified warp core and fuel supply. This is to limit the number of shots available in a fight to around 10-15 max; though it would be relatively easy to convert more fuel from the ship's regular supply between fights.

Keep in mind that this is how I designed the weapon for my sim, and how I will use it. I don't know if this fits in yur system or not, but it dosen't really matter. You guys can make whatever changes you need to in order to fit it in your system.
    Paul Serrarens
    Captain John Drake, CO, USS Diligence

Post Diligence Class (Ver 0.5)

OK, Done. I think?
    With all of 0.6 SUs available at the end.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by JALU3; 05-19-2008 at 06:19 PM.

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Thumbs up

Nicely Done
    But you should consider making it a size 10 Vessel, just in case you ever want to Install a Mark IV EMH.
    also you have so far not stated how this Cyclic Warp Drive works out in spacedock,
    Despite having no room for eventually necessary upgrades are there any other weaknesses?

I'm not treating the Cyclic Warp Drive any different from a normal warp drive. If anything, the theory goes . . . that there are two sets of nacelles . . . that can be automamous of each other, or work, seperately. Within the system . . . I would guess that means you have to buy the nacelles twice, which I have not done . . . This can be done by selling the dorsal and ventral phaser arrays.

In the end . . . all this thing ends up being is a huge weapon on wheels. It does not leave much room for much anything else.

But then again, this is the best I can do within the system.

phaser lance is the non canon name for the phaser cannon on bottom of the galaxy dreadnaught uss enterprise from the next generation episode all good things it was under admiral rikers command damage wise i say it should be like the strongest starbase phaser system out of space dock also it should have a very limited arc or may be only able to shoot straight ahead

However, if you read the creators description . . . the technology behind the lance is different from those generally accepted from those behind a PHASER . . . even that which has alot of power sent through it.