Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USS Diligence

USS Diligence

I am interested in taking this ship and Spacedocking it.

It is shall be used by this message board based RPG
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/kees/diligence/

Anyone interested in helping?

Several new systems, and the mechanices to use them must be written up.

I am figuring that it is either size 9 or size 10, just based on its size.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Talking

Two stupid Questions:

1. What purpose serves a "Deep Space Operations Command Cruiser" (Is it the Center of an entire Task Force?)

2. Whats a "Phaser Lance" anyway?

3. Why is the Launcher for the Quantum Torps mounted on a turret?

Oh dear thats one stupid question too many... never mind

Four Nacelles... I like that arrangement, goes along with the Design for the Sovereign Class.

OK . . . I didn't design this vessel. However, on the website, there is TONS of background. And a wonderful internal cut-crosssection. I will have more answers for you later, regarding your questions.

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Found a few problems already (5 minutes at best)
    1) 'SOLITON WARP CORE' no such rules exist for this device or the attached weapon.
    2) 'CYCLICAL WARP DRIVE' This could be interesting, again need to figure out some rules for it.
    3) WHY IS EVERY PAGE YELLING?
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

ok, after I read about this phaser lance, i think the concept of a spinal mount phaser somewhat disturbing. The technobable sounds good enough, but why should Starfleet build such a weapon anyway.
    It is probably a typo but the spinal mount is said to have the same power output than the type XII Phaser arrays.
    But then again it could mean that one such weapon has the same firepower as 20 Type XII Phaserbanks.

As for the multiple Warpcore arrangement, it normally would just increase the over all power available. but nothing else.
    At least in spacedock that is...

Wait a Minute over 5.ooo missles in store...

now im really impressed...

while im trying hard no to sound sarcastic this ship probably is nothing i would have my players lay their hands on...way to much firepower.
    But then again...if it comes across two Borg Cubes or three it could still get in trouble.

If it gets scaled down a bit, its equipment could be crammed in a Size 10 or 11 Hull.
    Otherwise I really do like this Sovereign-Voyager-four-Nacelles-hybrid look.

Woah, that's pretty Uber.

All it's missing is a Defiant-Class Captain's Yacht.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

If it can take on a whole fleet, why is there a fleet in the first place?

Did you make these stats, or did the guy who drew it?

I've always been opposed to megaphasers and such (and have newver seen a spinal mount weapon, except in "Traveller" and "Battleship Yamato", since in the end, it's just "A bigger hammer" but your mileage may vary, of course.

Do you prefer this for the look, the power / stats, or ?
    - LUGTrekGM

Wow, look at the weapons. I missed 13 torpedo launchers backed up by 20 phasers, backed up by Quantum torpedoes, backed up by this phaser lance.

You are talking about 80-100 guys, just for the torpedo crews, 60-80 guys for the phaser crews.

What would be considered "A Difficult Mission" for it?

If it fell into enemy hands, a large portion of the Orion Arm would be in danger.
    - LUGTrekGM

Quote Originally Posted by LUGTrekGM
    If it can take on a whole fleet, why is there a fleet in the first place?

Did you make these stats, or did the guy who drew it?

I've always been opposed to megaphasers and such (and have newver seen a spinal mount weapon, except in "Traveller" and "Battleship Yamato", since in the end, it's just "A bigger hammer" but your mileage may vary, of course.

Do you prefer this for the look, the power / stats, or ?
    OK . . . I didn't create this, this is from the GM of the message board game which Nena brought to our attention, and which I am applying for.

It is definatly overpowered . . . but I like the ship's overall design

I say we try to keep everything but the weapons systems. I doubt it needs 20 phaser arrays to get the coverage that the ship needs to have 720 coverage.

And I would prefer to keep the torpedo tubes, rather then having the spinal mounted weapon . . . but maybe we can compromise on it . . .

However, I think we can try to work on the rules for the cyclic warp drive. I am thinking that the second set of nacelles would cost 1/2 of normal nacelles, and must be duplicates of the first set.

I will start working on my version tonight.
    Last edited by JALU3; 04-21-2006 at 11:09 AM.

sounds cool. Maybe like 8 phasers and 5 torp launchers...I'd have to look at the LUG and Decipher books.
    - LUGTrekGM

I think I'd rather have the massive amounts of torps then that spinal thingy . . . cause if it is limited to phaser ranges . . . the tops have a nice reach.

Yeah but 13? I mean, okay on my RL ship a Cruiser, we had 2 tubes, with 6 torps total, and my ship was a cruiser flagship. We also had 8 missiles and well a bunch of anti-air missiles on 4 launcher rails.

One thing nice about phasers is torps (at least according to decipher) can't be aimed to target specific areas.

So you kind of have to have both.

If you want, I can take a stab at soing a detailed pic of your ship there, a cleaner one than the one you got. Might take me a few days.
    - LUGTrekGM

Again, this is not my ship . . . go down to the gaming hub and follow the link.

But if you want to make it look prettier sure, go ahead.

Sorry that I haven't gotten to this . . . work tonight has been Uber busy (and technically it's my Sunday).

Jalu,

Man, I am not ragging on you, just stating "I think it's too many weapons" is all, as a potential player.

Please don't take that as me trying to tell you or the ref how to run the game.

I like time travel scenarios, personally. And a lot of people hate them. Many hard core science people have said it's just impossible to do time travel. I like those stories, so I do them, despite the naysayers. I think it makes for good fiction, if done with style.

I'll get to work on a pic of your ship. Probably have something by mid next week.
    - LUGTrekGM