Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: News about the Star Trek RPG 04/27/2006

Quote Originally Posted by otaku mike
    Does this mean that the errata will contain only rules errata and additional Enterprise material, as all typo would have been fixed in the main text?
    I'm afraid not. While I'm squashing as many of the typos as I can, some might still survive; they're a desperately overworked lot there in Norfolk, it seems.

And, while I'd like to have the Enterprise information in the errata, it was brought to my attention that there's this nasty little thing called "licensor approval," a process that I'd managed to (mercifully, I think) erase from my own mind. What this means is that all new material has to be run by CBS/Paramount for their stamp of approval before it can be "officially" released. (Chances are, I jumped the gun a bit with my previews, but I was under some mistaken impressions about things then. I'll be more careful in the future.)

So this means that there's not going to be Enterprise material in the errata. What is going to happen, though, is a Player's Guide ENTERPRISE Update, with the history and the Denobulans, and as much other stuff as I can talk Scott Gaeta into letting me put in there. The plan is for era-specific equipment, a few development packages, some new Traits, that sort of thing, all laid out in the same style and appearance as the core books. This will go get itself approved and be released later, once it's back from Paramount.

I swear, I'm learning more about the underbelly of the licensed gaming business than I ever thought I'd learn since I started doing this....
    Not to sound ungrateful for the work done, but I prefer errata as short and concise as possible. Having lines of there is a "n" missing in "Kligon" and it should read "Klingon" takes lots of room and dilutes the really essential rules-related content IMHO.
    Well, you're going to be disappointed, I'm afraid. While the bulk of the errata is rules fixes and such, there's also a lot of typos noted therein. This is for the people who aren't going to go out and get the PDF of the book. I'm sorry if you feel this dilutes the errata, but it is (IMHO) necessary.
    That said, I can offer my services if you'd need a layout artist for these errata (in the case they wouldn't be offered separately from the corebook). I don't have Decipher's licensed pictures database, so it'd be only text and vector graphics though.
    The offer is appreciated, but I don't think it's going to be necessary. Thanks, though.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by C. Huth
    Blingon Kook!
    Workin' on it...when it comes up in the queue, you'll be the first to know.

Quote Originally Posted by LUGTrekGM
    Best of luck with your efforts, gentlemen.
    Many thanks.

I'd like to take this opportunity, by the way, to apologize to the room at large because the Player's Guide PDF is running behind, mostly because of me. Real life has a way of intruding on volunteer efforts sometime, and last week saw my daughter's fifth-month birthday, the first anniversary of my marriage, and my wife's first Mother's Day.

Working on getting that back on track ASAP.

Well it's good to know you guys are still working on it. Don't really wait for the player's guide tho. I want that klingon book
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13
    Many thanks.

I'd like to take this opportunity, by the way, to apologize to the room at large because the Player's Guide PDF is running behind, mostly because of me. Real life has a way of intruding on volunteer efforts sometime, and last week saw my daughter's fifth-month birthday, the first anniversary of my marriage, and my wife's first Mother's Day.

Working on getting that back on track ASAP.

Hey, I rather have you take your time than rush it and miss stuff. I think most of us are just happy that there is still some future for the game.

Just for fun...

...What ever happen to the Limited Edition Set? Anyone know what was suppose to be in it? I'm sure it's a running joke somehwere so I don't EVER expect to see it but just wondering what was in it. Thanks and looking forward to anything in the future from the Decipher Inc. Star Trek RPG line! Kudoes to PGoodman13! Keep on keeping on!
    7 of 11
    Bored of Borg?
    Try the new Species 8472!
    Hard to kill, Harder to find!

The Limited Edition was going to be a slipcased copy of the Player's Guide and Narrator's Guide with spiffy leather covers, as well as a 32-page booklet covering Enterprise. You are quite correct in your belief that it will never see the light of day.

So what gives where are the goods?
    the roads goes ever on..... so buy a volvo!

"don't tell the elf"-Gimili at the Hornburg LOTR TTT

What about second breakfast?- Pippin, LOTR FOTR

"My precious"- my treo 700 phone/PDA

If I had any news to give you, it would be out there. I haven't heard a response from Dec in some time, and I'm currently a little burned out on the whole thing. I'll get back to working on things from this end when I've had some time to recharge.

Patrick, we're all behind you

Take your time to recharge. You have been carrying the torch so bravely and so long... you deserve a big thank you every now and then and surely a break whenever you feel the need to take one, as does (both things) Owen for his efforts with Memory Icon as well!

I appreciate that, mein freund (did I get that right? My German's virtually non-existent). To be fair, Owen's been doing a lot more lately than I have.

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13
    I appreciate that, mein freund (did I get that right? My German's virtually non-existent). To be fair, Owen's been doing a lot more lately than I have.
    Your nearly non existing german serves you well.

Thank you for calling me your friend, mein Freund

Funny I live so close I am tempted to just drive down there and say what gives to decipher?

Maybe I should... it might shake something lose.

Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Feanorgil
    Maybe I should... it might shake something lose.
    I'm not sure, if this actzually will do anything good. Although I can see the high tempting factor of an action like this!

I have that affect .... must be my fallschirmjager roots