Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starship Tactics Starships

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg
    BTW, IN what way to you want it to play more like FASA? I Might be able to help.
    I've been wanting to do a fast-paced miniatures-based game. FASA seems to, overall, have the best handled COMBAT rules for such a beast, but the construction system - as we all known - is FUBAR.

I'm still tweaking it--at least until an unshield Oberth-class can be taken out with a single attack.
    It's called a 'Critical Hit' ^_^

USS Monoceros Class Linear Warp Drive Test Vessel

Constitution Class Heavy Cruiser/Explorer
    Design Chief: Matthew Jefferies
    Class Commission: 2245
    Complement: 43 Officers, 387 Crew

Hull Data
    Structure: 40
    Size Class: 6
    Length/Beam/Height: 290m/127m/72m
    Mass: 190,000MT

Drive System
    Impulse Drive: IPI86E (.75c), 4 Power
    Warp: PB32 MKIII, Tandem (WF 6/8), 20 Power
    Maneuver Modifiers: +2C, 0H, +2T

Tactical Data
    Phasers:
    Class IV, 3 banks/2 each (f, f/p, f/s)
    Class III, 2 banks/1 each (a)
    Torpedoes:
    Class I, 2 launchers (f)
    Deflector Shield: PFF 2a

Class Traits
    Enhanced System: Sensors
    Hardened System: Life Support

Operational Data:
    Atmosphere Capable: No
    Cargo Units: 70
    Life Support: Class 4, Hardened
    Operations system: Class 4
    Sensor System: Class 3, Enhanced
    Separation System: Emergency Only
    Shuttlebay: 1a (Large), 12 size
    Tractor Beams: 1f, 1a
    Transporters: 4 Personnel, 5 Emergency, 2 Cargo

Supplemental Craft (STD):
    Class F shuttlecraft: 4
    Class HF Shuttlecraft: 2
    Class AF Shuttlecraft: 2
    Class H Travel Pod: 2

General information
    The Constitution class was launched in 2245 as a 'new generation' Starfleet workhorse to replace the aging Baton Rouge class of ships. Where the Baton Rouge would represent the pinnacle of Earth design, the Constitution would represent the pride of the entire Federation itself. Technical innovations from several Federation worlds would take the steps laid down by the Baton Rouge, refine them, and then create the greatest starship devised by any world in the Federation, a legend which would strike awe in those who see the vessels even a hundred years later.

Early on, the promise of the Constitution class was easily recognized. The last few ships of the Ranger class were cancelled, and their registries reassigned to the new class. The decision by the Starfleet Appropriations committee was seen by many as a ‘Great Awakening’, a realization of a new generation and role for Starfleet.

The Constitution class would continue as the UESPA’s and then the Federation’s premiere starship class during one of the most tumultuous periods of Federation history. The USS Enterprise alone, under her legendary captains April, Pike, and Kirk, would, would go on to legendary status for innumerable acts of bravery in the field, multiple first-contact assignments, as well as saving the very core of the Federation itself.

Though a few variant types of this class have been made in the 2260s, the basic class itself would prove so successful that a second ‘series’ of the ship’s basic specifications was ordered in 2265, a full generation after the initial class appropriation in 2245.

Even with four refit programs over her twenty-five year run, the original configuration of the Constitutiuon and her sisters proved dated by the late 2260’s. Rather than wholly scrap the class, however, the surviving vessels would enjoy a radical, complete refit and rebuild starting in 2271.

Editor’s Annotations
    To say that the Matthew Jefferies’ original design for the Enterprise is ‘legendary’ doesn’t seem to do it enough justice. Certainly, even 40 years after the original Star Trek series was wrapped up, the ship remains etched in the minds of millions of fans around the world. It is simply the most famous vessel, real or imagined, in all history.

The list of ships and registries here are mostly based on what's been shown on screen or can be directly inferred without making too many assumptions. A few of the gaps have been filled in from various official sources, such as licensed role-playing games and technical manuals, with the Franz Joseph Technical Manual and Bjo Trimble’s Star Trek: Concordance getting the first nods.

Of all the ships in this guide, this one was probably the hardest to actually pin down. There are many sources of information to pull from, all of which conflicting. For this guide, the specifics given here are based on ‘happy mediums’ and the most common assumptions made about the USS Enterprise.

USS Constitution - NCC-1700
    USS Constellation - NCC-1017
    USS Shenzhou - NCC-1018
    USS Buran - NCC-1019
    USS Yamato - NCC 1305-A
    USS Enterprise - NCC-1701
    USS Centurion - NCC-1702
    USS Hood - NCC-1703
    USS Bismark - NCC-1704
    USS Excalibur - NCC-1705
    USS Exeter - NCC-1706
    USS Hood - NCC-1707
    USS Valiant - NCC-1708
    USS Lexington - NCC-1709
    USS Kongo - NCC-1710
    USS Potemkin - NCC-1711
    USS Victory - NCC-1760
    USS Soryu - NCC-1761
    USS Hiryu - NCC-1762
    USS Vanguard - NCC-1763
    USS Defiant - NCC-1764

Nelson Class Intelligence Scout

Container: Liquids

Container: Bulk

Last edited by TFVanguard; 05-10-2006 at 10:37 PM.

Kirov Class Battlecruiser

Last edited by TFVanguard; 05-12-2006 at 08:22 AM.

Kirov Class Battlecruiser
    Design Chief: Steve Cole
    Class Commission: 2252
    Complement: 43 Officers, 357 Crew

Hull Data
    Structure: 45
    Size Class: 6
    Length/Beam/Height: 290m/127m/72m
    Mass: 192,000MT

Drive System
    Impulse Drive: IPI86E (.75c), 4 Power
    Warp: PB32 MKIII, Tandem (WF 6/8), 20 Power
    Maneuver Modifiers: +2C, 0H, +2T
    Total Power Available: 24 Units

Tactical Data
    Phasers:
    Class IV, 3 banks/2 each (f, f/p, f/s)
    Class III, 2 banks/1 each (a)
    Torpedoes:
    Class I, 3 launchers (f, f, a)
    Deflector Shield: PFF 2a

Class Traits
    Hardened System: Life Support

Operational Data:
    Atmosphere Capable: No
    Cargo Units: 70
    Life Support: Class 4, Hardened
    Operations system: Class 4
    Sensor System: Class 3
    Separation System: Emergency Only
    Shuttlebay: 1a (Medium), 12 size
    Tractor Beams: 1f, 1a
    Transporters: 4 Personnel, 3 Emergency, 2 Cargo

Supplemental Craft (STD):
    Class F shuttlecraft: 4
    Class H Travel Pod: 2

General information
    In the 2250s, threats to the Federation were increasing and seemingly ever-present. It was believed by many that Star Fleet needed to bolster its combat capabilities far beyond what Earth had maintained alone. Unfortunately, the budget for the fleet wasn’t increased accordingly.

With this in mind, the decision was made for a battlecruiser variant of the venerable Constitution class. The basic plan was simple, cut down on the science equipment, and bolster the ship’s design instead with increased firepower and a tougher overall structure.

It’s not too surprising, then, that the Kirov performs much like the Constitution herself. Stronger in combat than her cousin, the Kirov sports an aft torpedo launcher (a modification which would be found later on many individual ships of the Constitution class) and a more rigid structure thanks primarily to its more substantial engine pylons.

As expected, however, the Kirov suffers dramatically in exploration and scientific duties. The lack of extended sensors also hampers the ship tactically, particularly when dealing with cloaked Romulan vessels. Despite this shortcoming, the Kirov is a formidable defender of Federation space.

Editor’s Annotations
    The Kirov class is the ‘mainstay’ ship of the Star Fleet Battles game. It’s described there as slightly heavier and ‘twenty-percent meaner’ than ‘the ship you saw on television’. Since the mechanics of Star Fleet Battles are rather unique to itself, this guide opted for a ‘less science, more combat’ approach to the design.
    Last edited by TFVanguard; 05-12-2006 at 08:24 AM.

Container: Refrigerated Goods

Container: General Products

And, just to let you guys know how things are progressing...

Jaynz' Guide 2265 (Februrary Build)

The Jaynz' Guide is going to replace Starfleet #1 and Ships of the Line when done.. but it's a BIG work, so bear with.

Giordano Class Scout

A requested set from Starship Modeller.. but, to be honest, I don't buy this one one bit. Oberth alone is a pain in the butt, but a 'TOS' style of it is a farther stretch, much less one with such bizzare lines.

Ah well. It's a size 4 TOS scout for ya, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    Giordano Class Scout
    Weiiiird. You might want to drop the lower half.

Are you ever going to do pics of the NCC-1000?

Quote Originally Posted by C. Huth
    Weiiiird. You might want to drop the lower half.

Are you ever going to do pics of the NCC-1000?
    The Calendar one? Yeah, sometime.. though I need to figure out how to settle SEVERAL conflicts with its design and registry. It bumps up against a LOT of issues, most notably having Connie components about 30 years too early.

The Calendar one? Yeah, sometime.. though I need to figure out how to settle SEVERAL conflicts with its design and registry. It bumps up against a LOT of issues, most notably having Connie components about 30 years too early.
    I could be testing the components. Could have started as NX-1000 (makes sense with that sort of regiret number) and changed to NCC once the components were woked out.

For my campaign, I figured that since the Connie was larger than anything Starfleet had built to that time, and was envioned to be equipped with the best that Starfleet had, most of it's systems wound up being tested on other classes. What worked got installed on the Connie, and what didn't go dropped. That sort of help to explain the "Connie" engineering hull that ends up on some Ranger-class ships; the "Connie" saucer section on Baton Rouge-class.

So, if you were to do one, it wouldn't simply be a schematic of the ship as presented?

Bumping this and hoping TFVanguard still populates these forums. All the images are broken here, TFV, and not all of the ships are in galleries on pixelsagas. I use these as part of my screensaver, and several are missing. Could I convince you, if you're still here, to fix the image links or put the missing ships up in a gallery somewhere so I could download them?

This message repeats across all the threads of TFV's images; just trying really hard to get his attention.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support