Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FASA: Excel Generators

Quote Originally Posted by ericn9vjg View Post
    Joe, I got spooked out after about 40 seconds and force quit Excel. I'm running a 8-core MacPro, so it's pretty fast. I'll try again and be more patient. It finally opened after about 5 minutes. Very nice.
    5 minutes!?! Damn! That's way too long. It might be because you're running it on a MAC. A member at my Yahoo group converted the first generator to Excel for MAC because he was having issues. I will contact him for more details and get back to you.

And thanks for the compliment (and your patience- 5 minutes! wow!)!

Actually 10 minutes! I just did an official double-check. Very strange. I look forward to using the form however.

Update: I opened the Excel generator using Applework (with a MacLinksPlus translator) and it took less than a minute.

Update: I opened the Excel generator using Applework (with a MacLinksPlus translator) and it took less than a minute.
    Excellent!
    I did check with that yahoo group member, but he didn't remember what he did exactly to remedy the problem. I backtracked his posting and he wrote that his metafile conversion took so long that he thought the file was infected with some kinda virus! He posted a copy of the file for mac, but i don't know what was involved in converting it.
    But, it looks like you took care of that problem!

If you're interested, there are other generators at my Yahoo group. If you have any other issues, please let me know!

Hope you enjoy it/them!

Joe

Good work. We old FASA Trek fans appreciate the enthusiasm.

Good work. We old FASA Trek fans appreciate the enthusiasm.
    Thanks! I'm not saying I'm stubborn, but I'm trying to re-define 'die hard fan'
    It's a system I vested in since I was 15 (when it came out), so, I'm really reticent (sp?) about moving on - which is working out okay because the next 2 systems (possibly 3) have gone the way of FASA!

There is a small community of FASA fans out there putting a lot of effort updating the system, so anything I can do (like a generator now and again) that sustains the community - and maybe bring in new players - is pretty worthwhile and is something I enjoy doing.

Thanks Again!

I understand completely.