Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FASA: Excel Generators

FASA: Excel Generators

Hey Guys,

I went and moved my excel generators to my website if anyone's interested. There's a couple npc gen's, planetary systems gen, and a campaign database for those players with short term memory problems!

Note: be sure to install any fonts accompanying the .zip's!

http://www.geocities.com/ufc465537/r...enerators.html

Thanks,
    Joe

Oops! It was brought to my attention a couple days ago that some of the links weren't working! I think I got it straightened out now.

Thanks goes out to LUGTrekGM for letting me know!

Joe

Long live the FASA Trek RPG. (Even though I play LUG now, FASA was a great game in it's day, and is still more than playable.)

For supporting it, thanks to YOU.

Thanks, I HAVE to keep FASATrek alive because I'm too old and cratchety to try anything new (even though i have books for LUG and DEC...)!

Play ON!

Joe

I tried the links and they are no longer working. Is there any chance I can get a copy of this spreadsheet?

Edit: Never mind, the link is working for me now. Is there a version of something like HeroForge (d20 Excel spreadsheet for character creation) for the FASA trek (or any Trek for that matter)?
    Last edited by bpi_jonathan; 07-17-2006 at 06:54 PM.
    Jonathan M. Thompson
    President, Battlefield Press, Inc. (http://www.battlefieldpress.com)
    jthompson@battlefieldpress.com / AIM - GreyLnsman

Quote Originally Posted by bpi_jonathan
    Is there a version of something like HeroForge (d20 Excel spreadsheet for character creation) for the FASA trek (or any Trek for that matter)?
    I'm working on one now- it's been on the back burner for a while (starship combat has been by priority for a while...). I think I have a speadsheet that starts you off with the physical attributes, but doesn't generate skills. If you're interested in that, drop me a line.

Quote Originally Posted by UFC465537 View Post
    I'm working on one now- it's been on the back burner for a while (starship combat has been by priority for a while...). I think I have a speadsheet that starts you off with the physical attributes, but doesn't generate skills. If you're interested in that, drop me a line.
    Oh, a year and some later...I finally got a spreadsheet working for FASA character generation. It's 1st edition, but i'm working on a 2nd edition version now. I kinda screwed myself in structuring some parts of the spreadsheet, making a 2nd edition version a little more difficult than I thought. I should have the bugs worked out soon. If it works out well, I plan a Next Gen and a crewman character version.

The 1st ed generator is available at my Yahoo group.

Thanks,
    Joe

Oh, a year and some later...I finally got a spreadsheet working for FASA character generation. It's 1st edition, but i'm working on a 2nd edition version now. I kinda screwed myself in structuring some parts of the spreadsheet, making a 2nd edition version a little more difficult than I thought. I should have the bugs worked out soon. If it works out well, I plan a Next Gen and a crewman character version.

The 1st ed generator is available at my Yahoo group.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Finally got around to that 2nd ed generator for Excel. If anyone's interested, i attached it to this message, and i also got it posted at my Yahoo group:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/UFC465537/

If there's any preoblems or questions, feel free to ask. A quick FYI, Excel may ask if you want to enable macros -- 'yes'

Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files

If there's any preoblems or questions, feel free to ask.
    Wow, that made things a lot faster than I remember them. That said, my FASA stuff isn't close at hand at the moment. However, I seem to recall that if one was going to have one's final assignment aboard a Constitution-class vessel, there were additional tours involved. I didn't see anything about this in the spreadsheet, though it did have additional tours for rank and final position. Oversight on your part, or mine?
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    Wow, that made things a lot faster than I remember them. That said, my FASA stuff isn't close at hand at the moment. However, I seem to recall that if one was going to have one's final assignment aboard a Constitution-class vessel, there were additional tours involved. I didn't see anything about this in the spreadsheet, though it did have additional tours for rank and final position. Oversight on your part, or mine?

Touché! Apparently your memory is far better than my reading comprehension skills! Yes, there is one aditional tour added if your final tour is aboard a Connie. I had a request to add more races to the spreadsheet, so when I add those, I will add the check box for that extra tour!

Nice catch!

Joe

Touché! Apparently your memory is far better than my reading comprehension skills! Yes, there is one aditional tour added if your final tour is aboard a Connie. I had a request to add more races to the spreadsheet, so when I add those, I will add the check box for that extra tour!

Nice catch!

Joe
    I went ahead and added that check box for the extra tour, also I added about a dozen races to the original 6. Most of the stats are from the FASA federation supplement (nod to george from my Yahoo group for his help). Some of the descriptions I derived from that and a variety of other sources, including the Memory Alpha site, and some fan material mostly to update some things that have changed since the FASA printing.

Character generator for Next Gen

Hey Everybody,

Here's a copy of a character generator for Next Gen based on the FASA 1st Year Sourcebook as a guide and my other generator as a template. I tried to stay truthful to the book, but, I just couldn't rationalize some thiings. Basically, I added a couple skills here, modified some choices there. Overall, I'd say it's about 75% truthful to the book.

If there's any questions, comments, suggestions, please post!

Thanks,
    Joe

Macro problem?

I downloaded and tried to open in Excel. Is it supposed to be converting meta files for many minutes (seems like forever)?

Quote Originally Posted by ericn9vjg View Post
    I downloaded and tried to open in Excel. Is it supposed to be converting meta files for many minutes (seems like forever)?
    Well, there are lots of things going on in the file with calculations and macros, so, even when I open ( or save ) the file, it takes a bit. However, I have an older machine. The new computers at work open the files fairly quickly, but there is a slight (albeit minor) wait. When you say "many minutes" how long are you talking? 2 min? 3 min? Did it open finally? Did it work when it did?

I did create on it on several different machines- so it might by an Office version (or conversion) problem. I'll try opening it on different machines to see if there's a similar issue.

Lemme know if you have any other problems, and I'll see if I can track down what you may be experiencing.

Thanks,
    Joe

Joe, I got spooked out after about 40 seconds and force quit Excel. I'm running a 8-core MacPro, so it's pretty fast. I'll try again and be more patient. It finally opened after about 5 minutes. Very nice.
    Last edited by ericn9vjg; 07-21-2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Updated