Thread: Multi-Species

Multi-Species

How do you create a multi-species character?

Are there rules in the Core book that I overlooked?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

There is a sidebar in the TNG book. Unfortunately, I'm on vacation and my books are a 24 hour train trip away.

IIRC, you take the two Species Templates and mix'n'match the Attributes, Skills and Traits, balancing the points. You must take the Mixed Species Advantage, and pay off the points as well, then you pretty much continue as normal. This is from memory, and may vary from the book in monor details - anyone have their books handy to confirm?

MIXED SPECIES HERITAGE is an ADVANTAGE in ICON.

The basics:

It cost 6 pts.
    Pick two species and choose one to be dominant. Pick three attributes from the dominate species Template and the other two from the other species' Template.

Consider the character's bacground carefully, and choose approrpate skills from the two Templates and during his Background History development. Usually the primary influence of the Template skills and traits comes from the character's hokmeworld.

Thanks . . . it's been a while since I cracked these books open . . . had to whip off a thick layer of dust.

I must have missed it the first time around

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

No problem. I went look for the sidebar myself, before I remembered that the sidebar is is CODA.

The funny thing is, mixed-species isn't worth 6 points in ICON, but is efinately worth a few picks in CODA.