Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedication Plaque Quotes

Lightbulb Dedication Plaque Quotes

Was just courious what your favorite quote is from a dedication plaque (canon or non canon) Mine is a quote from Plato "Let Deeds Match Words"

From the USS Fortitude (a ship I designed for a game I ran)

Seeking, I have found.
    Finding, I have learned.
    Learning, I have conquered.

If you couldn't tell, it was an exploratory vessel. The players actually wrote this so I'm not blowing my own horn here.

------------------
    I see stupid people. They're everywhere. They walk around like everyone else. They don't even know that they're dumb.
    -Oath of Dell Tech Support

From an old FASA Klingon campaign, the dedication scrawl of the crews ship.

"The Empire is as a sword. Forged by one. Held by many. Feared by all".
    - Kahless the Unforgettable

From our campaign: USS Vanguard

"Semper Vigilis" Ever-vigilant; every watchful.

Melbourne, Australia. Winner of the First Trek Survivor Trivia Show, and Bearer of the Steve Long Pink Elephant Stamp of Learning. :)

Haven't got that far into my game, yet...my PCs are still at the Academy.

However, given that they will be and Intel. outfit before they are let loose on the rest of the Galaxy, I think a line from Dune would be appropriate for this crew, when they finally get their own ship:

"Here I am - here I remain!"

------------------
    "...and more controversial than Oolon Colluphid's trilogy of philosophical blockbusters Where God went Wrong, Some More of God's Greatest Mistakes, and Who is this God Person Anyway?"
    - The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams (dec.)

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?

Cool

I understand that USS Excelsior's plaque quote was "No matter where you go, there you are". Hmmn, an interesting idea might have a Prometheus-class ship made for Section 31 with an interphasic cloak named "Lightbringer" of "Morning Star" with a plaque quote of "Non Serviam!" (Or however it's properly spelled. I've never studied Latin)

Jon

------------------
    If not for physics & law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!

Our Constitution (Galaxy class) has got a bad-ass one ,too: "Undefeated"

It's the actual motto of USS Constitution, the 42-gun frigate of teh Revolutionary War. (And a fine bit of sailing material she is...)

My signature below...

Phoenix...

------------------
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    -Napoleon

Yes it is bad manners, eh?

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

The Dedication quote of the U.S.S. Hermes (an experimental quad-nacelled Excelsior-class refit) reads:

"Sheath these feet in the driving gale..."

------------------
    Even in this age of technological wonders, the human mind is still the most powerful weapon in the universe.

- USS Wellington (Larson class): "Never say never again" (sorry, we were a bit fuzzy that day)
    - USS Corsair (Constitution & Galaxy class, we played a series on the movie era on the Constitution, and now we are playing a TNG era series with the Galaxy): "The violence is the last resort of the incompetent", Isaac Asimov
    - USS Avenger (Defiant-class, a ship that is based in the same starbase that the USS Corsair, and currently we are using her as a replacement ship for the current crossover campaign): "May the Force be with you"
    - USS Caravelle (a failed forerunner of the Intrepid class, only ship of her class): "...a small step for a man, but a giant step fot the Humanity", Neil Armstrong

Thumbs up

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

I've been using the "Wherever you are, you are there" (from Buckaroo Banzai) as the dedication quote for the USS Sovereign in my current game thinking that it hadn't been used in canon before.

Now I'm stuck.

I have to admit that the only quote I could think of was "Third star on the left and straight on to morning" but I'm not sure, too many Disney cartoon conotations for me.

Besides I may be moving the crew over to the USS Jules Verne (Steamrunner class) for the upcoming Dominion War so if anyone knows any suitable quotes from Jules Verne books (or the Secret Adventures of Jules Verne TV show, I have no shame) please post them as I need a dedication quote within 3 weeks or so.

------------------
    Kid Mama-san, what do they call that thing they shoot the cats out of?
    Mama-san I'm not sure, but I think they call it a catapult.
    Kid Boy, I'm glad I didn't have to say that line...

Samurai Pizza Cats

USS Tempest (Various incarnations)

"Oh, brave new world, that has such people in it!"

------------------
    "Captain Hunter, you are clearly outgunned. I suggest you surrender your vessel": Romulan Commander Terev, Imperial Warbird Senex

"Cmdr.Terev, you clearly have no idea we're carrying quantum torpedoes. I suggest you duck!": Capt.Matt Hunter, USS Tempest

Aside from the often quoted player ship here are the five regular NSC ships:

USS Lysander (Ambassador): "... then we fight in the dark"

USS Achilbaldes (Intrepid): "Half a league, Half a league, Half a league onward"

USS Achilles (Intrepid): "Enough of words let deeds now follow"

USS Menelaos (Soyus): "Once more into the breach my boys"

USS Pryamos (Soyus): "Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben"

And the aidships (inofficial plaques):

USS Rhein (Danube): "Faster than a speeding bullet"

USS Mosel (Danube): "If you work like a horse and are treated like a dog, check wether you are a camel"

USS Seine (Danube): "I may be slower than you but I carry the supplies you! need"

Michael