Thread: Star Trek 40th Anniversary Auction at Christie's

Cool Star Trek 40th Anniversary Auction at Christie's

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...cle/16195.html

Sounds interesting in a geeky kinda way...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

And now that those who grew up with the show . . . now have money . . . let the money come in!

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    I'm trying to figure out how I can finance and get Kirk's chair...
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger
    I'm trying to figure out how I can finance and get Kirk's chair...
    Same here, my friend...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

The Opposition Party speaks:

My wife found this independently on another site.

She says, "Oh cool, check this out."

"Yeah, the guys on trek-rpg.net posted that days ago. We don't have that kind of money, so we aren't going."

10,000 US or more for some items, sheesh. The freaking GAS TO GET THERE will cost that.

I suggest that people save their pennies, and do like those guys on the fan films "New Voyages" or whatever, and build your own chair replicas in your garage for about 100.00 US.

Just because Shatner's butt was parked in the chair doesn't make me leap for tickets to the Christie's auction.

If people want to spend their pennies on something useful, Decipher books are going for about 2.00 US on eBay. LUG books a little bit more...(And I'm surprisingly not the seller in any of those auctions, either).

Quote Originally Posted by LUGTrekGM
    The Opposition Party speaks:

My wife found this independently on another site.

She says, "Oh cool, check this out."

"Yeah, the guys on trek-rpg.net posted that days ago. We don't have that kind of money, so we aren't going."

10,000 US or more for some items, sheesh. The freaking GAS TO GET THERE will cost that.

I suggest that people save their pennies, and do like those guys on the fan films "New Voyages" or whatever, and build your own chair replicas in your garage for about 100.00 US.

Just because Shatner's butt was parked in the chair doesn't make me leap for tickets to the Christie's auction.
    Opposition Party - good one.

The original captain's chair was 'lost', so Shatner never sat in it. This one is
    ...a replica of Captain James Kirk's chair from the original television series made for the 1996 Deep Space Nine episode "Trials and Tribble-ations" (estimate: $10,000-15,000)
    For the TNG episode ("Dyson Sphere" ?) with TOS's Scott, they borrowed a replica from a fan.

Perhaps the fans could pool our money and purchases all or most of the items for a Trek Museum with facilties for filling fan films.

If people want to spend their pennies on something useful, Decipher books are going for about 2.00 US on eBay. LUG books a little bit more...(And I'm surprisingly not the seller in any of those auctions, either).
    Hmm. Are you sure. A lot of the auctions I enter into I get sniped at the last minute. I pick up the 2 main Decipher books for about 50% off list price. I did well when I pick up several LUG books plus some other Trek books a couple years ago. I would guess at about $3 a book.

Check out this item listed in Q & A for Christie's Star Trek Auction:
    Jeri Ryan's (Seven of Nine) Jumpsuit Costume Notes for Brent Spiner (Data)
    Why does Spiner need notes on 7 of 9 Jumpsuit?

Probably just a misprint as they forgot a line break.
    Last edited by spshu; 05-23-2006 at 01:11 PM.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Well, it might be true that books get sniped.

My main point was that if people want to continue the tradition, play the RPG(s), because I have never heard of any kind of Star Trek LARP, though some RPG groups come close.

People giving money to Paramount and Christie's, well... I got one word:

Pfft.

It's like a VISA commercial:

Captain's Chair from Star Trek TOS: 10,000 Dollars.

Seven of Nine Costume: 10,000 Dollars.

Resignation papers from Braga:

Priceless.

'Nuff said.

Meh. The only thing I'd want would be the physical models for some of the lesser ships...

*Takes friends on a tour through his living room*

"The Tolstoy, the Kyushu... the Melbourne."
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

<snip>

My main point was that if people want to continue the tradition, play the RPG(s), because I have never heard of any kind of Star Trek LARP, though some RPG groups come close.

People giving money to Paramount and Christie's, well... I got one word:

Pfft.

It's like a VISA commercial:

Captain's Chair from Star Trek TOS: 10,000 Dollars.

Seven of Nine Costume: 10,000 Dollars.

Resignation papers from Braga:

Priceless.

'Nuff said.

Except for there isn't any resignation papers from Braga. Prehaps the letter they send him stating that they letting him go do to the end of Enterprise. I suppose some enterprise fan could snag his signature say at the bottom of a blank page (saying that the upper part is for Berman) then print a resignation above afterwords.

But the long CBS Paramount TV holds on to the items the greater the value to them or some one throws it out or deteriates due to neglect.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting