Thread: Axanar in Enterprise!

Smile Axanar in Enterprise!

I guess in the new TV guide there is a picture of the mask used for the Axanar (note not Axanari) which will be seen in the second episode, strike another blow for respect to continuity.

However this got me to thinking about the RPG and I wonder Don or Steve or anybody else at what point will you say "that's it" as far as content and background in the new game when new facts from the new series change older LUG/Decipher canon and say "save it for the revised 2nd Edition".

All of LUG's books indicated that (paraphrasing) while they tried to make logical extrapolation from the events of the various shows and movies, future episodes and/or movies might contradict them.

Smile

Right, But that was when the whole backstory was not being changed drasticly almost week from week. The stuff has to have a point when Christian says "Ok, we go with it as is" Even if someone comes in the room shouting "wait they have just said that the Vulcans and Andorians have fought a major war in the past!"

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Eric R.:
    I guess in the new TV guide there is a picture of the mask used for the Axanar (note not Axanari) which will be seen in the second episode, strike another blow for respect to continuity.

</font>
    Actually using the Axanar is a certainly a positive mark of respect for continuity, and one that pleasantly surprised me. Canonically we know nothing about Axanar, bar that there was a battle there, and an award known as 'The Palm Leaf of Axanar'.

That B & B even know this race exist is a mark up for them. And I'll be interested to see where they take this.

------------------
    Captain Daniel Hunter
    CO NCC-74600, U.S.S. Intrepid
    Star Trek: Intrepid

[This message has been edited by USS Intrepid (edited 08-21-2001).]

Cool

errrrrr. . . Thats what I said "A blow for continuity" not against, . . .me thinks you read my first post too fast.

Doh!

I read it twice too. That's what I get for replying to posts after midnight

Sorry

------------------
    Captain Daniel Hunter
    CO NCC-74600, U.S.S. Intrepid
    Star Trek: Intrepid

[This message has been edited by USS Intrepid (edited 08-21-2001).]

Cool

The catch is, Eric, that they have to go through Paramount approvals. If Paramount disagrees with the RPG continuity, Paramount wins. End of story.

In a way it is lucky that the previous information about the Axanr(i) was published as a different company. That means (since any information on the Axanar was at best conjectural) they can just move on with the new information as needed...

------------------
    Doug Burke

McCoy: "You're taking me to the promised land?"
    Kirk: "That's what you get for missing staff meetings, Doctor."

[This message has been edited by Doug Burke (edited 08-21-2001).]