Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prime Directive: Federation Sourcebook

Question Prime Directive: Federation Sourcebook

They've been threatening the book for some time....haven't heard squat. Any takers?
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

I have the original, so I assume it will be the same fluffy text with only the various rules sets changed.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

I think we're looking at a slightly different beast with the new Federation book. One of the things I've read is that not all of the PD1 material is canon anymore. For example, there's no such thing as a Psionics division in Star Fleet anymore. Also, since the new Prime Directive main book does not have everything that was in the old one in terms of background and whatnot, there are quite a few gaps to fill.

I think the big delay is that everything that goes on in ADB eventually crosses 1 desk. Steve V Cole. That's the bottleneck that has to be beat. With the new Federation Commander line, he's got one more thing on his plate, on top of SFB, Captain's Log, and Prime Directive in GURPS and D20 editions.

There is some discussion about it here at RPG.net.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

It's now scheduled for some unspecified time in 2007, "depends on writer."

[Picard from 'Rascals'] "I want my Federation book now! Now, now, nownownownownow...." [/'Rascals']

Also, the Master Starships Book is tentative for June '07, and now they're talking about something called "Leanna's Fighting Starships." Wonder what that's about, and how it'll be different.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Well, none of that happened either.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

The latest blog update on www.federationcommander.com says that ADB are locking in their Autumn 07 schedule, which includes d20 and GURPS versions of the Federation sourcebook, and a d20 Modern Prime Directive, which should be good for anybody who has d20 Future books and the like.

Got news today that the D20 Modern and GURPS versions of Prime Directive Federation will be out in April and May, respectively.

Believe it when I see it.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Anything come out for these?
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Well, preferably not one that says "While it is currently scheduled to be released November 2008, this date is subject to change. We are accepting preorders, but..."

It's weird. I got the impressionin correspondence with Steve and Jean that it really was almost finished back in March, and that the D20M version would be out on 4/20, and the GURPS version really would be available on 5/18.

I've since stopped promoting ADB product announcements on my blog and at Star Trek Games until I know for a fact that they really are in the stores.

Was checking some of the stuff out last night, found this: http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=p...detail&p=40238

Seems that both the d20 Modern and Gurps are going to be out this month? Oh, and books that don't even have cover pictures yet....(of course, over at Palladium books, there's been a book on the pre-order list for like 10 years now! )

Don't know if this is of any help to op, since it sounds like they just push the date back farther and farther, from reading the above posts.

Is this going to be another product like D6 PD, where it was always "coming soon" and then died because freelance writers were always giving up on it? I eventually picked up GURPS PD and Klingons just to get the background material because I got fed up waiting for years. I regard PD as a great source for a Mirror Universe campaign.

15. According to the most recent Star Fleet Communique, GURPS PD: Federation is in final development, GURPS PD: Tholians is scheduled for 2011