Thread: STRPG Player's Guide PDF Update 06/12/06

STRPG Player's Guide PDF Update 06/12/06

Posted to Decipher's forums, trek-rpg.net forums, and RPG.net forums so that the most people possible can get a look at the news.

After many delays and false starts, I've completed my editing work on the Star Trek RPG Player's Guide. I turned in the last file to Decipher about half an hour ago. The files are all now in the hands of the art department, where they are supposed to be next in line for layout corrections. I don't have an ETA on when the book will be finished, but I'll let you know once I do.

I've also completed the errata document, but I'm still working on the FAQs. I'm going to have our team of volunteers look it over for any glaring errors before I turn it in to Decipher for layout (and before I post it on the trek-rpg.net and Decipher forums). With a little luck, you should all be able to see it before the end of the week.

This weekend should see major work on the Player's Guide Enterprise Update document, which will hopefully be a little bit easier project because of the smaller scale, the fact that some of it's already written, and because I'm not having to compare a PDF file to the book to see what changes got made between versions....

That is all; more news as it comes.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Once again, Patrick, you've proven that a load of gumption and "just do it" attitude will triumph where corporate bullspeak, demographics and ever-so-brilliant quarterly projections will fail. Looking forward to this big time; once again, the entire community's thanks are due your way.

P.S. Best to the new member of the family.

Quote Originally Posted by D.S.McBride
    Once again, Patrick, you've proven that a load of gumption and "just do it" attitude will triumph where corporate bullspeak, demographics and ever-so-brilliant quarterly projections will fail. Looking forward to this big time; once again, the entire community's thanks are due your way.
    You're more than welcome, though I think thanks should possibly be reserved until you actually see what I've done. The errata is...well, it's big. A lot of things have changed/been tightened up.

But I like being the center of a barrage of warm thoughts, so maybe I should just shut up.
    P.S. Best to the new member of the family.
    Thank you kindly; Brontė's doing just fine at the moment. Talking up a storm. One of these days soon her mother and I might just be able to understand her....

Good to see things are still somewhat moving forward. Nice work.

But we still want the damn Klingon book !
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate

Quote Originally Posted by Pantoufle
    But we still want the damn Klingon book !
    At this point, I'm not at all sure that there's anyone out there who wants it more than I do...though my reasons for wanting it so bad are probably vastly different than anybody else's.

Proposal: New PC Award

The P. Goodman award for "Getting it done."

Awarded to Junior officers who accomplish tasks which senior officers and civilian experts have deemed "impossible," to the benefit of the Federation.

Awarded with clusters for taking over projects which senior officers have "run into the ground," and making them work.

Image: A red ribbon with white trim and blue central stripe, signifying the "blood, sweat, and tears" invested in such projects. Pinned to the ribbon is a golden metal hand, middle finger upraised, signifying defiance of "conventional wisdom."

...or something like that.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

First...I'm touched. I'm flattered. And I'm a little bit afraid....

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

You should be afraid. Rumor has it they want to bronze the Goodman award. How do you feel about being covered in bronze?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg
    You should be afraid. Rumor has it they want to bronze the Goodman award. How do you feel about being covered in bronze?
    Before or after I'm dead? And are they just going to electroplate it, or do they plan to cast?