Thread: Probably been asked...

Probably been asked...

Did a search of the forums and didn't find anything nor on the web, and while I appreciate the designers obligation to stay true to the source material, has anyone reveresed engineered stats for orcs, Uruk-hai, trolls etc for pc and npc build platforms? Or know where such information might be obtained?

In the 4th age game we are in now- orcs, goblins, trolls etc are mercenaries looking for leadership (now rudderless with Sauron/Saruman gone) so some have their inherent 'evil'-ness reduced to a matter of politcal/moral perspective.

Appreciate any constructive help. Apologies if this topic has been marked taboo.

I am not sure exactly what you are looking for. But the Fell Beasts and Wonderous Magic book has stats for Orcs, troll, Uruk-hai and so on. But if you already have that book, but are asking if someone have broken those stats down into racial and background packages, then I don't have an answer for you.

I guess that you would want to make a background package a little bit different than what an Orc or Uruk should have had while they where under Sauron or Saruman. Maybe more of a barbaric tribesmen or criminal thugs type of templates?,

Yes what I am looking for is in line with what are their +/- s to stats what would be their racial skill/edges/flaw pools. Aging, ht/wts etc. Then from there packages etc.

I don't know about anyone who have done it for CODA. Personally, I have never considered an LotR orc as evil, but engineered with traits that they are easy to control by Morgoth and will always clash with elves, controlled or not.

A short list of some of the traits I think orcs possesses...
    • Over-production of testosterone (makes them aggressive and a tendency to use brawns instead of brains to solve problems)
    • Socially inept (Research points to that humans can handle groups of 100-200 individuals before breaking down into sub-groups. My take on it is that elves can handle social groups of 1000+, while orcs can only handle 10-20)
    • Lack of, or reduced, empathy (not caring if other suffers and makes them more prone to brutal acts)
    • Short attention span/restless
    • Selfish
    • Greedy
    • Cowards (can only work as soldiers/warriors if they outnumbers the enemy, or something dangerous is pushing them forward. This also makes them to band up, and preferable find a strong leader that can give protection)