Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: CODA - Federation Starships 2260s

Okay, new version . ..

Fixes some issues, adds the Photon Missile (SFB Drones), adds the LN-40 series warp engines, the Monoceros Class, Loknar Class, Larson Class, and Federation Class.

Still looking for feedback, guys!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Talking

oooooooooh, me like (will read it over very carefully)
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Is good. Am wantink more for TOS era. No reall bugs that I found in what has come so far

question: Planning on giving the Klingons DERFACS systems
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Official Type Feedback

Shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyCaitian
    Is good. Am wantink more for TOS era. No reall bugs that I found in what has come so far
    First time for everything!

question: Planning on giving the Klingons DERFACS systems
    I know they have something to do with long range Klingon disruptors, but I'm not exactly sure what. If you can tell me WHAT they do, I can certainly put them in somehow, or at least notarize it for a Klingon guide.

ask and ye shall receive

EDGE: DISRUPTOR EXTENDED-RANGE FIRE ATTENTUATION CONTROL SYSTEM (DERFACS): An innovation to come out of House H’JoQ’s Mek’leth RD&E house during the latter half of the twenty-third century to tackle to problem of disruptor inaccuracy over long distances. The DERFACS system compensates and refines each disruptor charge to allow for maximum effect at the range the weapon is being fired at. A practical upshot of the DERFACS system is an exceptional increase in range, something which Klingon commanders have learned to appreciate against more powerful enemies when a shot at long distance, if somewhat reduced, might make the difference.

Game mechanics: a ship with DERFACS installed will allow for a ships disruptor range to be extended by one range increment. For example, a ship with 4/4/4/0/0 disruptors will become 4/4/4/3/0. For DERFACS to work, The ship must be actively scanning with sensors and Lock On must be achieved for DERFACS to function properly. Also, the ships engineering staff must make a successful Power Transfer maneuver from reserves or the ships Redundant Power Grid (see ESOM) to draw the extra power needed for the DERFACS to fire at extended range.

Okay, about to head out on vacation. I didn't get as much done on this version as I would have liked, but I wanted to give out what's there before I headed out.

*Starbase construction specific rules added.

*Type G outpost added.

*The size table is now reflective of Starships and not the Narrator's Guide, which makes a big difference for some ships.

Awsome stuff, the addition of Starbases is really cool!

The layout is coming out a bit oddly: The text overlaps the lower blue border a little, so that needs tweeking.

Otherwise this is going to be really nice!
    Ta Muchly

And, back from vacation.
    Yeah, there's something very weird going on with the formatting, which has smoething to do at the print-side level. It's moving the background image up. I'll have to reconsider some things there.

Next update will likely be this weekend, once I see what I need to get cleaned up and caught up on, that is.

Okay, this update is mostly a maintenance release. The major changes are a correction to the Monoceros (by the designer's request), and the addition of all ships found in Jaynz #1

I'm going to have to formalize a title and cover soonish with this thing, though.

Anyway, next update will be on Friday, which will be more 'wordy' (more examples, some flavour text, etc), and have the remaining ships from Jaynz #2 in it.
    Last edited by Cpt. Lundgren; 07-19-2007 at 08:05 AM.