Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decipher Update Needed

Talking Decipher Update Needed

Being in Australia I don't hear much on the new system apart from what I read on this site.

So what is the latest information? release date? etc??

I read sometime ago that an update would be posted on the trekrpg.net but I have not seen it, has it been delayed? or did I just miss it?

Not much. They are keeping a tight lid on everthing. Something should be out soon, I hope.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Last I heard was late October.

------------------
    Is it a good thing if our Narrator is listening to Stabbing Westward while plotting our game?

I read November somewhere, not sure where though...

Talking

You need it, BUT YOU WON'T GET IT! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

There were some threads about the new system from people who assisted to GenCon. They're buried in this forum... look for 'em. Talking dates, November was the one Steve Long mentioned.

------------------
    Chakotay: You didn't poison my coffee, did you?
    Janeway: Not any more than I usually do.
    "The Voyager Conspiracy", Voyager

I can hold out that long...

But MY question is, through what avenues will they be available?

Will they be orderable through jobbers like Previews/Diamond, Westfield, etc? Or through bookstores? If bookstores, will somebody be posting the ISBN's here? How will they be advertised?

I just wrote a brief, extremely biased preview for RPG.net which should appear in the next few days. I was told to expect the new game in October or November, but that no date would be set unless it could be trusted.

Just stay excited about ENTERPRISE and then the game will seem to appear in no time. I'm psyched.

word,
    will

Lightbulb

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by First of Two:
    I can hold out that long...

But MY question is, through what avenues will they be available?

Will they be orderable through jobbers like Previews/Diamond, Westfield, etc? Or through bookstores? If bookstores, will somebody be posting the ISBN's here? How will they be advertised?
    </font>
    I guess that one of the first ways we'll know those books are available will be on the online bookstores. Maybe taking a look once in a while on Amazon.com would help.

First of Two... this is the first time I realize you're the same guy from Flare...

------------------
    Chakotay: You didn't poison my coffee, did you?
    Janeway: Not any more than I usually do.
    "The Voyager Conspiracy", Voyager

http://www.decipher.com/newsflash/20...401storyC.html
    For Immediate Release

For further information, contact:
    Karen Levy, Decipher, (757) 664-1144 karen.levy@decipher.com
    Monica Jones, Decipher, (757) 664-1148 monica.jones@decipher.com

STAR TREK™ Roleplaying Is Back with a Vengeance!
    (NORFOLK, VA., August 21, 2001) – You've seen the shows. You know the characters. Now fans can live the adventure as they step into the Star Trek universe and take their place among the legends of the past.

Decipher's new core Star Trek Roleplaying Game books contains all the tools fans need to re-visit the heroic exploits of their favorite Star Trek television series. Whether their tastes run toward the sleek vessels of Starfleet or the shadowy corridors of Deep Space Nine, these books give fans everything they need to create and tell their own stories in the Star Trek universe. So grab your phaser, take the helm, and set your course for the second star to the right ... It's a journey no role-player or Star Trek fan will want to miss!

The Star Trek RPG Player's Guide and Star Trek RPG Narrator's Guide – each 256-page, hard-cover volume is full-color – will hit stores this fall through standard trade distribution. These guides serve as the entry point to playing or running a roleplaying campaign set in the Star Trek universe, including all the facts on major alien species, character professions, technology, and starships depicted on the television shows and in the films – in an accessible and easy-to-use format for game players and Star Trek fans alike. Best of all, they include in-depth information and detailed discussions of aspects of the Star Trek universe never before seen on the television shows.

The guides also contain detailed background information on the Federation and Starfleet in both the 23rd and 24th centuries, including their history, conflicts, and operations. Finally, they include rules for creating and playing any type of character in the Star Trek universe.

The Star Trek Roleplaying Game introduces Decipher's proprietary new roleplaying game system. This easy-to-use, accessible game system concentrates on character development and dramatic roleplaying, and is uniquely suited to the cinematic atmosphere of the Star Trek universe.

Founded in 1983, Decipher Inc. is a worldwide leader in the collectible card game industry. Decipher is dedicated to The Art of Great Games®. The company's product lines include the Star Trek™ Customizable Card Game, Star Wars™ Customizable Card Game, Young Jedi™ Collectible Card Game, Jedi Knights™ Trading Card Game, and The Lord of the Rings™ Trading Card Game – scheduled to release November 6, 2001. In addition, Decipher's Games Studio produces leading party, card and board games such as How To Host A Murder®, How To Host A Teen Mystery™, Boy Crazy!™, Girl Power!™, Pente®, Scratchees™ and more. In 2001, Decipher acquired the staff and assets of FANtastic media, becoming the operator of the Official Star Trek Fan Club. Visit www.decipher.com for additional product and tournament information, news, contests, and interactive features.

For the latest Star Trek news and information, visit the official Internet home of Star Trek at www.startrek.com.

Viacom Consumer Products merchandises properties on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Television, Viacom Productions, and Spelling Television, as well as third-party properties. Viacom Consumer Products, a unit of Viacom Entertainment Group, is a subsidiary of Viacom Inc. To learn more about Viacom Consumer Products and our properties, please visit us at www.viacomcp.com.

###

TM & © 2001 Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved. STAR TREK and Related Marks are Trademarks of Paramount Pictures. TM & © 2001 Decipher Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Arrow

Two-book core rules, huh.

Exactly how much are these going to cost me? I can handle buying a $35 all-in-one core rulebook. I can handle buying three $20 rulebooks (albeit not at all at once, one book a month for the three-month period). But so far, I have not bought a two-book core rules for $30 each; a total of $60. Heck I have not even touch Blue Planet yet, despite the good reviews mentioned here.

I sincerely hope they may do a promotion the same as WotC is doing for the D&D core rulebooks (even though in the near future the $20 price tags will revert to $30).

I guess I better set aside some spending fund for the Player's Guide first.

------------------
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

[This message has been edited by REG (edited 08-24-2001).]

Talking

Man... when you have this kind of news you post them on a new thread... It almost seems like it was overlooked by everyone

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dr. Jonas Bashir:
    Man... when you have this kind of news you post them on a new thread... It almost seems like it was overlooked by everyone </font>
    I knew that people would not necessarily see the other thread that I started which is titled "Decipher Trek press release". So I also posted the info. here. Along with TrekBBS's gaming forum and general news at RPG.net.

Don said in his editorial that both books would cost together about 60$ US. Although, that might've changed.

[This message has been edited by C. Huth (edited 08-25-2001).]

I am not afraid of paying some serious coin for the main books - I like thick books

That being said, though, I will only feel like I get my moneys worth if the system is self contained in the main books. That is, If I get character creation, star ship rules, narrators guides, and a very good overview of all the series and the principal players then I will be more than happy.

The last thing I want to see is big prices for main books then to find that if I want starship combat I need this book, information of TOS I need this book, etc. More personalized setting/era books are good but I want enough in the main book to play all eras...

Not that I have any fear - most of what i said above its happening AFRAIK.

I myself am very much looking forward to these, and if they are full colour and it will run me $60 US (so about $80 Canadian) it will be worth it...but the art better be top shelf

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Visit Star Trek:Lexington at;
    http://www.usslexington.net
    =-=-=-=-=-=