Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decipher Update Needed

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Captain Zymmer:
    I myself am very much looking forward to these, and if they are full colour and it will run me $60 US (so about $80 Canadian) it will be worth it...but the art better be top shelf

</font>
    Since Decipher already uses digital pictures from the movies and episodes for their Star Trek CCG, I would presume that they would be able to use such high quality pictures in the RPG books. At least, I hope so.

So do we have any idea of EXACTLY when these books will be out?

'This Fall' and 'October or November' is nice to know, but it would be nice to have a precise release date.

------------------
    Captain Daniel Hunter
    CO NCC-74600, U.S.S. Intrepid
    Star Trek: Intrepid

Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom, Earth, Sector 001

Well getting firm dates is like getting blood from a Horta from most publishing firms. So just don't hold your breath, or you will go Andorian blue.

Arrow

Yea, gotta agree with that. Intripid, you might not have been around back in the days when we all wanted dates and wanted to hold LUG to the fire to published release dates. Caused more than a little dissension in our tight ranks. By the time it was over we were lucky to get the Quarter when the book would come out so be very happy with a month as a statment. So please don't take this in a bad way but Release dates for products are generally considered in the same catogory as Starfleet Marines and Money around here and generally is a hot button topic.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Captain Leana Craig:
    Well getting firm dates is like getting blood from a Horta from most publishing firms. So just don't hold your breath, or you will go Andorian blue.

</font>
    Hmm, blue just isn't my colour. Although I do suit teal quite nicely

And on a totally unrelated issue, howdy fellow Brit

------------------
    Captain Daniel Hunter

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Eric R.:
    Yea, gotta agree with that. Intripid, you might not have been around back in the days when we all wanted dates and wanted to hold LUG to the fire to published release dates. Caused more than a little dissension in our tight ranks. By the time it was over we were lucky to get the Quarter when the book would come out so be very happy with a month as a statment. So please don't take this in a bad way but Release dates for products are generally considered in the same catogory as Starfleet Marines and Money around here and generally is a hot button topic.</font>
    Bummer. Although now that you mention it, I do remember emailing LUG way back when they were still developing the original game, asking for more information, and never getting a reply.

Ah well, guess we'll just have to patiently wait and see.

------------------
    Captain Daniel Hunter

[This message has been edited by USS Intrepid (edited 08-26-2001).]

Decipher's release dates for the CCG always seemed to slip a month or two. I always expect them when I see them on the shelf.

------------------
    Greg

"Calm may work for Locutus of Borg here, but I'm freaked and intend to stay that way."
    Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Prophecy Girl.