Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "ENTERPRISE" ep.1 script online!

Montgomery and Kim: "It reminds me of being in the womb."

Anyone catch that duality?

Wink

Phantom, Phantom... what are we going to do with you?

Earth has been sending out very slow warpships for years and years so second contact was probably Alpha Centauri- Mayweather is a "space boomer" who has already been in deep space, but at Warp 1 or 2 speeds. The thing with the Vulcans is that they've been using a Prime Directive on us and not providing much more than 'I told you so' sort of assistance.

The Suliban characters have been modified/mutated so that their forms may be altered to a degree, but not as much as Founders. I believe that they still have to remain relatively humanoid even if they can compress their skeletal structure.

As for time travel- here I have to agree with you. I'm sick to death of seeing time travel in the ST universe. The one real negative of this series is that they will probably use time travel to gloss over any changes to continuity.

Otherwise, I am really looking forward to this show.

------------------
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully charged phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Powers (edited 08-20-2001).]

Don't be suprised if the writers try to sneak something from Quantum leap into this new series.

------------------
    Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise.

Cool

I just got my issue of TV Guide and the article on Enterprise is interesting. lots of pictures of the interior of the ship and an article on Trek X. It said that Trip Tucker, the Chief Engineer, will be the first human male to become pregnant!!

Makes you wonder who the father is?

Braga says that there is part of him that thinks Paramount should fire and replace him!!!!!. After the premiere I might think the same, but it still sounds and looks good to me. They say it is going to be heavy on shock and horror!

Plot holes now? Granted, the script isn't the most tightly written script out there but it could have been far worse (and I was expecting it).

Enterprise may stink but at least it isn't stinking because of massive canon issues. Its stinking because of poor writing

This series isn't going to be TNG or DS9 quality I don't think but if its better than Voyager was (and it sure better be) then I will be happy.

What are you going to do with me?

What am I going to do with you guys?

What is happening here? I'm beginning to feel like Stockwell Day. Have the Paramount execs been slipping happy pills into everyones coffee? Or have all the Nay sayers decided to give up the fight? Where is all this info that has put our fears to rest? I haven't seen anything, as a matter of fact the release of that "script" has caused more questions in my mind. That little quote from Berman, I'll sign that petition if it well help expidite him off the lot. Berman and FIRED are two words almost made to go together.

As I said there is always SG-1, at least there will be some good Sci-fi on TV for a while.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Or have all the Nay sayers decided to give up the fight? </font>
    What fight? I've spent the last few weeks bashing the show and laying forth my reasons why I disliked it. Suddenly I read the script and all but a few of my nitpicks have been dealt with.

In addition, they have brought a few things in later episodes (Andorians for one) that really have intriqued me.

Make no mistake, there are quite a few things I don't like about Enterprise - and I'll add sloppy writing to the list (if they haven't cleaned up the script before shooting began) but in all fairness my personal major beefs have been shown to be unfounded (except Phase Pistols which is still a question mark but I expect they will be shown to be plasma weaponry...I hope).

If anything I expect Enterprise to be a notch better than Voyager and maybe it will improve with time. Right now with what I know I surely not going to write off the series until I least have a few episodes under my belt.

Concidering right now there is absolutely no scifi series on TV that interests me in the least (Earth Final Conflict and Andromeda will only intrigue me until I see what happens in the first few episodes of the new season) I hope Enterprise will be good enough to pass an hour each week. I expect no more from B&B and I am waiting to be surprised...

Thumbs up

I still think it will be Great Sci-Fi and good Trek, maybe not great Trek, but good!!!

[This message has been edited by KlingonZ (edited 08-22-2001).]

It was a figure of speech.

I have always said that there is a good chance that this series will be good sci-fi...It is just not Trek INMHO.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Smile

Jay Lenno made a coment about Enerprise tonight. He said "on the next Star Trek they are are going to have aliens with three breasts! Women, if a man can't look you in the eyes with two breasts what are they going to do with three!!!"
    Just trying to inject alittle humer into this thing. sorry....Qapla'

Great, now people will be turned off when they don't actually show the women, just make reference to them.

I just read the script.

I like it...alot...loads of action, some humour and loads of opticals...I hope the actors can live up to the characters...I am stoked...I am Canadian...roar...

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Visit Star Trek:Lexington at;
    http://www.usslexington.net
    =-=-=-=-=-=

Question

OK, Im not stoked...

Im with Phantom, its Sci-Fi set in the Trek universe, it STILL doesn't feel 'Trek' to me. But I'll be buggered If I could define it... So no harm, no foul...

I will remain in the wait and see, and jusge it on its own merits, its the the most mature attitude anyway, and less likely to give me an ulcer than ranting about something I have ZERO power over...

I think they are missing such a HUGE opportunity in there, the revalation of the Siburan's Genetic enhancements, or Archers taunting of the main bad guy...

And yet, not a single reference to the events of earth in the 1990's... An explanation for that 'new audience' that they are aiming at to explain why we never followed that path, perhaps even a reason fo shock and horror at the thought...
    That simple addition would have done a lot for me.

The weapons are easy, although I notice multiple errors in their reference.

They are Plasma based energy weapons all the way through to the final battle on the hive ship, when they unveil the 'Phase Pistols'... But the script made errors in reference to the Plasma weapons in earlier scenes that could confuse.

Sure there are holes, but hopefully they will be dealt with by the rending of some of the effects (like the upwards floating depth/pressure charges from within the gravitational pull off the Gas Giant)...
    Or from script revisions, and even from personal chemistry between the actors...

My Verdict; It looks promising, but I am taking into account that what I read as flat and lifeless is simply a script with all the descriptive stuff still to come...

Its going to take a lot for me to line up behind Treefrog or KlingonZ in the Yea or Nea camps until I have seen it... But I am open to Offers and Bribes...

------------------
    DanG.

"Hi, I'm Commander Troy McClure, you might remember me from other academy training holo-simulations as, Abandon Ship, the quickest way out, and I sense danger, 101 things you dont need a Betazoid to know..."

http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk

Question

Don, where have you seen the Star Trek: Nemesis script online? Could you at least point me to the right direction as I'd sure like to get my hands on that puppy.

Wizdoc

[This message has been edited by Wizdoc (edited 08-23-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by prophetsteve:
    [B]Spoiers
    The Bad:

1. Tholia - As far as I know, the TOSprise was the first ship to encounter the Tholians, so I reeeeeeeealllly hope that this was but a "in-comment" for us TOS fans.

</font>

Actually, in the episode in question, Spock makes mention of the "reknowned Tholian punctuality", indicating that the Federation knew about Tholians and had had at least SOME dealings with them...

------------------
    Deo Vindice!