Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "ENTERPRISE" ep.1 script online!

Exclamation "ENTERPRISE" ep.1 script online!

Or at least it SEEMS to be the script for "Broken Bow". It's on the COMING ATTRACTIONS website, and it's located here:

http://www.btinternet.com/~harrymudd.../BrokenBow.txt

I didn't read it online, but I downloaded it. I'll let you know what I think after it's read

Hugh

------------------
    "We have engaged the Borg... ceremony at noon, reception following."

The script for "Broken Bow" has been online for a few weeks, so I'm sure the link you have is probably authentic.

Abridged scripts for Star Trek: Nemesis have also been popping up as of late, too.

------------------

Cool

Gee, Mr. Huth, you sure read fast!

I liked it. Not your pappa's Trek, but I still liked it.

Hugh

------------------
    "We have engaged the Borg... ceremony at noon, reception following."

Hmmm...Andorian Moons? Suliban Cabal? THOLIA???
    This actually looks interesting...

This script has possibilities.
    --------------------------------------------
    Best speed to Gallifrey!
    Commodore Horatio Richard Jaeger
    CO USS Audacity,NCC-85901

Thumbs up

If this actually the script -- and I think it might be -- I am surprised and tenatively hopeful we might get a decent show.

Next Weeks TV Guide is going to have a big article on Enterprise. Mulitiple covers and all.

Spoiers
    I started reading this script expecting the worst and... didn't find that much to complain. And the stuff I didn't like had me admonishing myself for nitpicking.

The script, while not the best episode script I read is still pretty good. And if it is taken as written has allieved a lot of fears.

The good:

1. T'Pol isn't in Starfleet, so there goes that concern for me.

2. The weapons the humans use are repeatedly refered to as Plasma Rifles and such. Only once did I see Phase Pistols used, so I have the impression that Phase Pistols and Rifles use some sort of Phased Plasma beam, much the same as the weapons on Babylon 5. Good enough for me and it solves the coninutity problem I had with phase-laser-phaser usage in the timeline.

3. Loved the small (and large) mechanical glitches in Enterprise although I still find far too much TNGspeak, its not something I'm gonna worry too much about.

4. I like the Suliban. I REALLY like the Suliban - they are quite facinating and as all Trek does, makes us look at ourselves. What if it was humanity willing to do anything to be better, including resequencing our own DNA?

5. Time-stuff - I like the temporal chamber and I found the whole Temporal Cold War story arc to be pretty good. Could be interesting.

The Bad:

1. Tholia - As far as I know, the TOSprise was the first ship to encounter the Tholians, so I reeeeeeeealllly hope that this was but a "in-comment" for us TOS fans.

2. Klingons - foreheads aside, they seem awfully advanced for this time frame - sequencing information in their DNA? Then again, I don't see much development on their part; after all in 70 years between TOSMovies and TNG they really didn't improve at all. Just a small point.

3. Puny Humans - Is it just me or is EVERY other race in Trekdom more advanced than the humans? I mean the Vulcans know everyone, the Klingons know everyone, The Rigellians (Orions???) know everyone? So everyone has been tripping through the galaxy except humans? So exactly how does these puny humans forge the UFP? Again a small point.

4. The Akiraprise - Still don't like it and probably never will. Small point.

Bottom Line:

I am going into the yea sayer camp officially. I find myself more and more wanting to see this series and finding myself caring less and less for my concerns.

It may flounder after the premiere but at least for what I have read, its going to be a half decent first episode.

[This message has been edited by prophetsteve (edited 08-19-2001).]

yep
    just read it too
    looks cool, very fast moving but still covers most of the canon problems everyone was worried about
    Dave

Only down side for me was the time travel crap. Gods, can't we get through one episode of Trek wihtout some kind of 'temporal whatever'?

I think I'll wait until it is on tv. I"ve read about the quarter, it is rather plodding and I'm still choking on a few of the canon problems that were thrown right out the window. But I'll give it chance. Still don't think it will go the distance.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Only down side for me was the time travel crap. Gods, can't we get through one episode of Trek wihtout some kind of 'temporal whatever'? </font>
    I have that feeling too. However Time Travel is a Trek staple and when its written well, it can be quite good. I don't find time travel as annoying as holodeck malfunctions but some of those lowsy Voyager episodes have made me wary.

Its too soon to see if this plot arc is cool or not. I am hoping the guy behind the curtain is a familiar Trek character, maybe someone wronged by Kirk, Picard, Sisko, or Janeway. Right now my bet is the Romulans, but knowing how things go in Trekdom is probably some Timefleet (ugh) renegade.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I'm still choking on a few of the canon problems that were thrown right out the window. </font>
    You mean some of our concerns that were completely unwarrented? Or have I misread you here.

Granted there still are some canon issues but I was surprised at how B&B actually tried to avert canon issues. Maybe they are learning...not.

It looks promising and I must admit that I am looking forward to watching it after seeing the promos. However, my final verdict will be reserved until I have seen a few episodes. Given Bragas track record it does not go well.

Time travel has been OVER USED in ST since the Voyage of the Whales!!!! Every season since has had at least one episode of time travel. Time travel is the crutch of the Star Trek writer. Most of which don't have the imagination to come up with anything else.

As to a post above, Earth seems to be quite important let see, the Vulcans came to earth and now it seems the Klingons were second contact?!?!?!? And he crash lands in Small Town USA. OH BROTHER! A "plasma shotgun?" Gee I can here the electronic banjos in the backgound now. And the Suilaban, whatever, why was the Klingon so afraid of these guys anyway...They didn't even know enough not to fire their weapons when they smelled gas for Christ's sake! Not to mention if there had been enough methene in the silo to blow up, both the Klingon and his pursuers would have been unconscience as soon as they closed the door behind them. ABLE TO SQUEEZE UNDER THE SIX INCHS OF A DOOR FRAME...Have they got Rene Auborjonis playing that guy...certainly sounds like they have a bad case of Odo envy goin' here.

You are right it seems that the alot of our original complaints were unfounded, but I found alot more "concrete" one just reading about 1/4 of that script above. I gotta say it hasn't changed my mind at all. For the reasons mentioned above and a few others I saw, and I certainly am not reproching my self for nit picking, you could park a cruiser in the holes opened by just that one script.

Like Isaid before, I hope these guys are smart enough not to let this run opposite SG-1, they will lose me anyway.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Oh, and if they had so much contact with Q'nos, then how do they explain the Klingon conflicts, which were stated (in TOS) as being a matter of lack of contact in the beginning?

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!