Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Crossovers: You make the call!

I'm surprised that no one mentioned the possibility of doing a Stargate - Trek crossover. Although the Stargates by itself would be something similar like the Iconian Gateways. I thought one could use them to bring ships or expiditions to another part of the Galaxy, not reachable by Starship, at least not easily or timely.

As I have no seen many episodes of the series and even fewer of SG - Atlantis (is it any good, anyway?!) I could'nt pull someting like this off, as my players most likely would have seen more SG-1 Episodes than me...

I happen to like Atlantis better than the original (I know some of you think I'm nuts) maybe just because of the Wraith, but the character interplay is better in my opinion. In fact it and Dead Zone are the only things I regularly use my DVR for. I highly recommend both. The only problem with a Stargate crossover is that it's set on Earth in modern times so you'd have to have an alternate Earth-like civilization discover and be using the gates in an unexplored sector of Trek-space for your game to find, unless you just wanted to port in the villians, but then it's not much of a crossover is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Well as I now sit here watching the sun rise, with my bleeding eyes...I would like to thank you for some great laughs with a firm BOOT TO THE HEAD!!!!
    *WHOOSH...*

You missed...

But if you liked that, you might like A Miracle of Science as well.

Also Shortpacked.

(Shortpacked also has three precursors, "Roomies," "It's Walky," and "Joyce and Walky" linkable from the same page.)
    Last edited by First of Two; 07-24-2006 at 04:17 PM.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Here's my usual poison Order of the Stick
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Quote Originally Posted by Street
    I happen to like Atlantis better than the original ...the character interplay is better in my opinion...
    I tend to agree. After S1, they realized where their strong characters were -- bumped the doctor into a prime slot, gave Hewlett and Flannigan the spotlight. However, the addition of Claudia Black to SG1 was inspired; she makes that show this season. Can't wait for the eps with RDA's guest shots.

While we're talkin SG-verse, I think that SG-1 has had better villians; the Goa'uld are just such great megalomanics (think Goldfinger/Lex Luthor/Dr. Doom) that they are just great to watch. Especially when they lose to 'pathetic humans'. The Ori this year, though, seem too Uber-everything. I guess that's what they are going for, but as a rp-guy, I'd have called the GM a 'character killer' and quit. (That's why I'm not an 'elite Gamer', I guess).

The Wraith are cool, but they need to get some 'personalities'; Wraith that we can learn to hate. Micheal is a step in the right direction. imho

My wife and I were discussing this thread and she brought up a pretty valid point. The Wraith are a colony oriented species much like the Borg so giving them individual personalities should be a rare thing for us to see, sure they aren't as hive-minded as the Borg but still...

That is true, but as the FED and the Borg interacted more, you started to see 'personalities' develop in the Borg: The Queen, Hugh, Locutus, 7 of 9, and lores 'neo-borg'. And it's starting with the Wraith; so far we have Micheal, and some spoilers indicate that some Wraith will start makeing a name for themselves.

As for combining elements of BSG into Star Trek: I had hoped/thought that Voyager was going to do that.

2 things that never (or almost never) happened on Voayager that I would have liked:
    1) Crewmembers who want to leave the ship and settle down on this week's planet. So the ship winds up leaving a little trail of "Federation Ambassadors" behind it.
    2) People from the worlds Voyager has encountered who want to come along for the ride. This is the ultimate thing Voyager has to offer in bartering: there may be locals who will blow their life savings on supplies for Voyager in return for being allowed to come exploring, to be the first ambassador from their people to the Federation. And many would not just want to be passengers; "Welcome to the Starfleet Academy Delta Quadrant annex."

Which leads to questions of Voyager's capacity to support all the "tag-alongs", and it's ability to carry all the supplies it wants to have. But each world providing "tag-alongs" probably alos has its own warp-capable ships, which could easilly result in Voyager being the "warship" protecting a "rag-tag fleet" of ships on a voyage to, ultimately, reach Earth.

But, of course, it didn't go that way.
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn Pro
    We're hip-deep in alien cod footsoldiers. Define 'weird'.
    (I had this cool borg smiley here, but it was on my site and my isp seems to have eaten my site. )

Your ideas would of course be superbly usuable for a long term RPG campaign

Would a B5 version of the Centaurian's work within the Federation?

What about some anime's that are set in space. Such as Robotech or even Tenchi Muyo.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Speaking of cross-overs, it would be interesting to see a Borg-Dalek encounter. I can imagine it now:

Borg: "We are Borg. Your technology & species will be added to the collective."

Daleks: "We are Daleks! Daleks rule supreme!"

Borg: "Irrelevant. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

Daleks: "You will be exterminated! Exterminate the Borg!"

LOL you should hear the dialogue in the Daleks VS the Cybermen episode 2 on the latest series of Dr. Who.. classic stuff!
    Ta Muchly

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3
    What about some anime's that are set in space.
    What do you mean? We already have the Yamato.

Not exactly the same as Star Blazers, still....

Anime Trek. Yeah that's what we need. A flashy Borg scene that induces seizure.

"Tribble, I choose you!"

"Calling all Sehlat Riders!"
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

REG, let's turn this around - how about "Ghost in the Shell"
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"