Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Crossovers: You make the call!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    LOL you should hear the dialogue in the Daleks VS the Cybermen episode 2 on the latest series of Dr. Who.. classic stuff!
    Unfortunately, us Yanks don't have the second season of Dr. Who yet, although I hope we get it eventually. I loved season one although I did miss a few episodes. I was hoping Scifi Channel would re-broadcast season one so I could catch the episodes I misssed but I haven't seen that happen yet. That's why I've been thinking about getting the CD collection but it's quite expensive.

I thought season one Doctor did a good job. How is the new Doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    REG, let's turn this around - how about "Ghost in the Shell"
    Honestly, haven't seen that one.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    Honestly, haven't seen that one.
    You really should watch the movie or the series that followed.

Ghost in the Shell; movie - Considered to be one of the finest examples of what anime can and should be. Aimed more at the adult crowd like a graphic novel(complex plot, no cute fuzzy things, and lots of gun play), is has exceptional artwork, well thought characters, and interesting tech.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex; series - Continuing the story of the characters, but not sticking with the events of the movie (Pre-movie maybe, I don't know). It goes more into the history of the group and some of it's lesser members. Introduces more of the world the show takes place in. The art in not as gritty as the movie, and the stories have been toned down a little, and it has fewer violent deaths. All in all still worth watching, IMO.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

This would move this thread over to sentience of artificially created subjects . . . we've already had that . . . but what would be the reaction of a crew jumping into certain worlds. For instance . . . how about the lawless nature of Cowboy Bebop. A Starfleet Human would be appalled . . . but a Ferengi would flourish.

Or whatbout space combat with a zentradi fleet? Or better yet . . . could you see some of the story lines in anime series occuring in a Star Trek setting. Chobits? Sailor Moon? Burn Up Excess? . . . or something darker?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3
    or something darker?
    Mix Star Trek with American Idol.

Hey, you said darker.

Then again, it's not too far from the truth. William Shatner wants to develop a "So You Wanna be a Sci-Fi Hero" type talent search. Probably want to ride on the coattail of that Stan Lee's reality game show.

*Screams like a little girl*

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Hey!

I like "Who Wants To Be a Superhero". If there is a second season, my wife has already OK'ed my application

(I love being a gamer geek)
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

I'm just ticked off that I didn't hear about "be a Superhero" until after they'd already picked everybody. I have a great character I've been working with since college. And I wouldn't have been fooled by "Rotiart" or the "run past the little girl" trick, either. Because I look for that kinda thing in real life alla time.

OTOH, someone like me might be better suited for "Who wants to be a Supervillain? BWA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAA.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Oh, and I just remembered that my (never played) next campain was going to be a crossover all along...

"Star Trek" and "Sliders" and "Quantum Leap." (Or if you like comics, "Star Trek" and Marvel's "Exiles.")

After the Crew makes use of the Guardian of Forever (as the way out of the LAST story arc's disaster wherein the AQ is assimilated), the Guardian "recruits" them in its efforts to "repair" the space-time continuum, giving them tasks (some straighforward, some bizarre) to accomplish in the various quantum realities.

"In this universe, Kahless and Lukara were killed defending their castle. The Klingon Empire never unified, and warred its way to self-annihilation. By your time, the Romulan/Cardassian/Dominion Alliance has conquered 3/4 of Federation space. Your mission: Be Kahless's backup."
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Hey!

I like "Who Wants To Be a Superhero". If there is a second season, my wife has already OK'ed my application

(I love being a gamer geek)
    Quote Originally Posted by First of Two
    I'm just ticked off that I didn't hear about "be a Superhero" until after they'd already picked everybody. I have a great character I've been working with since college. And I wouldn't have been fooled by "Rotiart" or the "run past the little girl" trick, either. Because I look for that kinda thing in real life alla time.
    *drops jaw to floor*

I would expect this from other gamers, not Trek gamers. Dudes, you disappoint me.

*hangs head down in sheer disappointment*

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

For some funny cross-overs... I wonder what would happen to a poor Trek ship lost in the H2G2 universe ? Or crashed on the Discworld ?

Vampires and Werewolfs could be interesting in Trek, be they from Buffy or something else. Of course, there would be the question of whether the suns and the moons of other worlds still have an effect on those creatures...

Oh, and Star Trek in a fantasy setting too... (LOTR or similar). I like the idea of a Trek guy getting hold of a corrupting artefact (like the One Ring), dismissing every story about it as superstitious gossip, and slowly feeling the effects of the artefact...

The Hirogen are very close the the Predator, but the Aliens could make an interesting encounter. I wonder if an Alien hatching inside a Klingon would be stronger ?

And maybe the aliens from XFiles would make an nice challenge...
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by C5
    Oh, and Star Trek in a fantasy setting too... (LOTR or similar). I like the idea of a Trek guy getting hold of a corrupting artefact (like the One Ring), dismissing every story about it as superstitious gossip, and slowly feeling the effects of the artefact...
    I think they did that with a Vulcan artifact and the True Sword of Kahless.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

I run a crossover adventure with Demon with a Glass Hand and another one with the X-Files. Both were really fun. I also have abused the Mythos in my campaigns. Finally, in my Trekverse, there's a quarantined sector, called Thoril, where the inhabitants display anomalous psychic phenomena (think Gary Mitchell). This is just an excuse to place RPG fantasy worlds in Star Trek, liek Forgotten Realms.

Tchau!
    Superseeds #111: Victoria, part 3. And check out our Patreon!
    Writing: Death of a Swordsman (in The Duelist's Guide), Atlas of Earth-Prime: South America (RPG), and more
    Patchworld: Unisystem Amber (fan)

*drops jaw to floor*

I would expect this from other gamers, not Trek gamers. Dudes, you disappoint me.

*hangs head down in sheer disappointment*
    Don't make me smite you for great justice. Trek gamer is only one small aspect of my great enormity of ubergeekitudinous might.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two
    Don't make me smite you for great justice. Trek gamer is only one small aspect of my great enormity of ubergeekitudinous might.
    But it is YOUR other aspects that I'm afraid of knowing.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

I think they did that with a Vulcan artifact and the True Sword of Kahless.
    Also the TNG novel "The Devil's Heart."